Gone

Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gone

I kicked my AH out tonight. We should be celebrating our ONE year anniversary on Monday. ARGH!!! I hope this is the kick in the butt that he needs to get help. I DO NOT want to leave him, but I just can't live like this, and I won't.

He called tonight from a hotel and said he will get help. The whole reason I kicked him out is b/c he said he wouldn't get help. I told him that he couldn't come home until he actually went to get help, and not just say he would.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tough one... You did good though telling him action speak louder than words.

If I where you, I would not let him back until he has been to rehab and been cleared there.
I cant' even tell you how many times I have promised that my AH would get help... And in between those promises it would be I don't have a problem I don't need help.

Best of luck to you and I really hope that he does get the help he needs.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hurt again

Sorry EmJaye.. I too just celebrated my one year anniversary on a vacation in Mexico. Only it was miserable because my AH was drunk and passed out instead of spending it with me.
I too play with leaving and haven't been brave enough to do so yet. It is hard to leave a life that you just want to be perfect, only it is not us that has the problem that makes it so unperfect. So my prayers are with you and I hope he has the will to change and get better. Just don't take him back without him getting help or your threats are useless.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat as you. I feel your pain. I honestly hope & pray that he gets the help he needs, and that things work out for you both. HUGS!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you EmJay! Now, stick to it! If he is serious about getting into recovery, let him prove that before you even consider letting him back in. You've done the hard thing in kicking him out. Now do the next hard thing and stand up for yourself and your needs.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go EmJay - that's not an easy thing to do!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you stick to your decision and don't back done. Let him get the help he promised you he would get.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Good for you, I know that sticking by this is will be the tough part. We are here for you! Hang tight and stick to your guns, But please DO NOT forget about yourself, get to a allanon meeting!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

UPDATE-

AH came home today without being asked. I left the house to get away. Came home to him saying his stomach hurt. Ended up at the hospital being admitted for his 4th case of pancreatitis. 4th case in 4 years, and he is 32.

Doctor was very firm with him, and I think it got through to him. We are talking to the hospital tomorrow about there very intensive outpatient program.