He's seeing someone else

Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

And I know several other posters have either been there, ARE there, or unfortunately will be there shortly. It's awful. It makes me wanna hurl.
I'm there. Saw them together the other day and cried for 2 days afterwards. Hang in there - this has GOT to get better!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I think Reddmaxx its only because women have been posting. I imagine the same basic truths hold for a man involved with/married to an alcoholic woman.
Agreed. This thread could be for anyone who has had to endure this sort of experience- man or woman.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

rivka, loftolaff- I feel your pain. I hope you do feel better lovtolaff. (((hugs)))
Old 07-18-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Redd-

Ditto what the other chicks said...!
It's just that our ABF or AH is your AGF or AW....same thing.

We can all learn how to "detach with love"...become "emotionally sober"....and knock this Codie behavior to the curb. We're all here to help each other to learn how to give without being taken advantage of.
Glad to have a guy here...welcome!

: )
rivka
Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Paj: About preparing yourself...

I would also have no clue how to prepare for this. Talk to yourself? Envision him in your head with someone else? We don't have any friends in common or run in the same circles, so I guess I would never really know what he was doing unless I saw him out, but I could imagine my own jolt.

I would love for someone to hug me and be there as a support, but it's so nice to learn that I can do that for myself. I always tell myself, and anyone else who is having problems who will listen that...the rest of your life is a long time to be miserable. I would rather go through the pain of figuring myself out than bounce from one person to another waiting for them to make me happy. I have to do that for myself.

You're doing so well, so stay strong! (((Paj)))