ABF kicked to the curb! Now what?? :)

Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ABF kicked to the curb! Now what?? :)

Hello All. Well, I've picked up what was left at the ABF's house and called it quits for SHO! Now what? I'm bored! I guess I didn't realize how much time we spent on the phone or having lunch etc...

Anyway.. I'm going to try and spend some time alone... retrace my steps of recovery (codie) and get strong so that I don't end up in a relationship like this again!

Just wanted to post - I'm bored!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL Yeah, I know what you mean with the way boredom can hit when you first end a relationship. It leaves a big hole that used to be filled with "stuff" involving the other person. But it sure is fun figuring our just how to fill that hole without having to consider someone else's wishes.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think an evening of remote-hogging, chick-flick watching TV time where no one can interrupt your crying over the latest silly Lifetime TV movie is in order!! And I am envious!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think we become so addicted and just plain used to the drama that an addict brings to our lives, that once it's over ... what now???

I look back on how lost and alone I felt after I left my exAH. Now I wonder just why I felt so lonely and at loose-ends. The one thing that kept me from feeling totally bored or lonely was the fact that I had my OWN apartment and I could veg out after work on the couch and HAVE THE REMOTE CONTROL TO MYSELF. That, and finally having peace and quiet!!

It took me about six months to get back among the living again, but I found a hobby I enjoyed - going to cat shows. I own two Cornish Rex cats (weird looking creatures), and the shows provided me with entertainment, an opportunity to meet other breeders, and to learn more about the "science" behind cat breeding.

When you feel up to it, try looking into hobbies that you think would interest you and give them a try. White-water rafting or jumping out of airplanes may be just your cup of tea!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You could also reflect on what caused you to get into another relationship with an A. Also, you could reflect on what you really want next????
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ayers-
Congrats on beating the demon!
I'm inspired by your courage....
Boredom (a.k.a. distraction) is often remedied by a few hours of retail therapy!
Do something nice for yourself if you have the $$$....
If not, you might want to take all of this amazing positive energy to a couple of local philanthropic organizations (that help animals or less fortunate, etc) who would LOVE to have you....
As a codie myself, it makes ME feel good, but I KNOW it's a safe way of helping without losing myself.

Blessings,
rivka
Old 07-17-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys. Last night was rough for some reason. We met at a convenient store for the rest of my things....
Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

Just wanted to post - I'm bored!
Just so you know - you aren't alone. I'm lost in my own house. I'm sure it was b/c just like the addict - I too became addicted to the ongoing chaos and it's hard to go from that to the "quiet" that I'm not experiencing.

I make myself get together with friends or whatever even if I don't feel like it. I am still grieving our break up and hope to get over the initial hump very soon.

It'll be nice when I can get back to the life I had before I met him.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I too was left with the "i'm bored with nothing to do" after my abf left. Come to find out, i wasn't bored, i just didn't have the massive amounts of drama that came along with being with him and his family

You will get back into a routine and it will be a much healthier one at that!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's true. I'm used to drama always being around. The drama is the reason for ending it... and now - here I am. Sad and somewhat questioning things. This is my weekend w/out the boys.. we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

You'll be fine. Just stay away from romantic comedies for a while
Those always get me thinking unhealthy thoughts!