The Language of Letting Go 7/9

Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

The Language of Letting Go 7/9

Wednesday, July 9, 2008
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Compulsive buying or overspending may give us a temporary feeling of power or satisfaction, but like other out of control behaviors, it has predictable negative consequences.

Under spending can leave us feeling victimized too.

There is a difference between responsible spending and martyred deprivation. There is a difference between treating ourselves well financially and overspending. We can learn to discern that difference. We can develop responsible spending habits that reflect high self-esteem and love for ourselves.

Today, I will strive for balance in my spending habits. If I am overspending, I will stop and deal with what's going on inside me. If I am under spending or depriving myself, I will ask myself if that's necessary and what I want.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of the publisher.

This was a good one for me! I used “Shopping” to hide my pain-and then
one day I realized that only created more PAIN! Pain of not having any money and creating a financial mess for myself! Recovery has shown me how to deal with my pain inside in a more productive way!

I truly believe that those who are in pain turn to something in order to
hide their pain when they are not given the tools to handle it in a more
productive way. It is kind of sad on so many levels!