OK, they really don't hear what we say

Old 07-02-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stillsearching View Post
Well, 2 posts in one day, I am on a roll. My AH and I live together, because he won't leave and I don't work yet as I have been a stay at home Mom for the last 11 yrs. I have been to numerous interviews and putting resumes out there so that I can at least have some income before I file for divorce, I have also spoken with a attorney. Several weeks ago when AH refused to leave I told him then that I would not consider us living together as husband and wife anymore, that we were only together in the same house until I could get some things taken care of...I have taken off my wedding ring and have very minimal contact with him, he has been sleeping on the couch. I have told him that since he has chosen to continue his drinking and not get help or get help together to work on things, that I have finally made the choice to get out, I will not live the rest of my life this way, I have let it go on toooooo long.

Well, today my older son took my 2 girls to the movies, so just me home with AH, he comes walking out of the bathroom and says, "do you want to have sex"??????!!! WHAT...I say are you kidding me...did you not listen to a word I said several weeks ago?? For the life of me.....I don't get it, for one thing I don't even remember the last time we had sex, it was at least 7-8 months ago if not longer, the more his drinking increased the less he wanted to be intimate....well, no thanks, i don't want to even go there with someone who started drinking his whiskey at 630AM................please pray that one of my interviews comes through with a job...I want out.....
He is really disregarding your needs and wants as most of them do. I am praying for you that you get a job and are able to take care of your self. It amazes me that he is able to hold down a job while drinking whisky at 6:30am. Please keep us posted. remember one day at a time and your time will come so that you can move forward and be happy with your children. Lots of luck to you.