drinking again, but this time

Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drinking again, but this time

It's kind of weird and refreshing that this time I remembered the Mantra. I didn't cause it, I can't control it and I can't cure it!!!!!!!!!

I won't even bother with the details. you all know it too well. I could have easily come home tonight and beat myself up over the things I said or didn't say.

Its his birthday and I thought I could help a friend enjoy a nice dinner and play some Wii games. But it ended with me calling him on his sneaking beer (after some choic insults from him) in the kitchen and him saying his last words walking away "drinking is fun".

But I'm not going to put up with it ever again. Nor will I allow him to think he's pulling the wool over my eyes! I didn't want to ruin his birthday by suddenly asking him about the drinking. but...then the insults came and I just snapped a little and thought, you know f him...

when I got home i realized it's he who ruined his birthday not me. I didn't cause this!!! and I don't deserve to put up with it. this is his choice!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
But it ended with me calling him on his sneaking beer (after some choic insults from him) in the kitchen and him saying his last words walking away "drinking is fun".

I didn't cause this!!! and I don't deserve to put up with it. this is his choice!

Wow, had to reply, have a kitty that looks a lot like yours and an ex that used to say "getting drunk is fun" and occasionally, after a particularly hard bender, "why do I punish myself like this" and having to bite my tongue because I wanted to reply "because you're an alcoholic".

As a recovering alcoholic, I have finally reached the point in the relationship where I can accept the fact that the other is an alcoholic, just being able to admit it wasn't enough to get me out of the relationship. Didn't cause it, can't control it, and can't cure it, and most importantly, I have a choice as to whether or not I want to be involved with an addict not in recovery. My choice to day is for recovery, everyone else is free to make their own choices. Thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!

It's just amazing to me that I'm not absorbed the way i used to be. In the past I would have done/thought many things differently in this situation. And in my own recovery I am learning to identify what should be important to me, what is immature behavior in me and in others, and that I need to treat myself well. Which means, I'm not going to bother keeping associations with sick people.

Sailor, do you think orange cats have the best disposition...this is my informal survey.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Informal Survey

My MIL has been a cat person her whole life and I know her favorite is the orange tabby, so their disposition must be pretty good.

My "Buster" is a mix we adopted locally and he's got a lot of Maine Coon in him.
He's a hoot.....and very affectionate.

I just heard on the tv news that a Lot of acres of wild growing marijuana have been discovered in Oklahoma, and the Sheriff's Dept. is burning all of it today.
Heh heh.......wonder who's gonna be down wind ?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
Thanks!

It's just amazing to me that I'm not absorbed the way i used to be. In the past I would have done/thought many things differently in this situation. And in my own recovery I am learning to identify what should be important to me, what is immature behavior in me and in others, and that I need to treat myself well. Which means, I'm not going to bother keeping associations with sick people.

Sailor, do you think orange cats have the best disposition...this is my informal survey.
My cat Jack is the mellowest cat in the known universe. But he sheds like a Wooly Mammoth!