What do I like about myself?

Old 07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

okay...here goes!

I like that I am a great Mom. That I am a good cook. That I have patience. I like the way I look (long brown wavy hair, dark brown eyes, 5'8, 130lbs, size 5 after 4 kids!!!) That I can change my own flat tire,change the oil in my car,change the battery in my car. I am independent. I have a decent IQ. I keep my home clean thanks to OCD . I love people and really enjoy helping others. I am honest. I have GREAT kids!!I like the fact that I had the intellegence to find this place and use it! I like that I can finally stand up for myself. I like that I can paint my husbands TOENAILS really well. I like that I can find humor in his problem. I like that I can be sly when it comes to payback after he's been drinking too much. I like that I can drive myself to the store now. I like myself because if I didn't nobody else would! I love to have friends but not too many and I have to be choosy because too many friends = TROUBLE!

WOW! That was FUN!

2many
Old 07-10-2003, 12:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

Great Thread

Hi, I'm a visitor from the Nar-Anon board, and I really needed to compile a list like this right now!! Thanks for such a nice idea!!

I Love the Following about Myself:

Being independent, having the ability to adapt to change, finding strength when I thought I didn't have any more.

I paid off my car loan! My name will be on the title by the end of this week.

My eyes - a neat mahogany/cherry-brown color (exactly like my mom's: big, expressive, and striking when I have the ambition to put makeup on).

Giving up my addiction to sugary sodas (I used to drink about 8 a day, now I drink diet tea instead).

Coping with having panic disorder. It started 13 years ago, and with the help of a great therapist I'm able to recognize my triggers.

My eyebrows are very fair - never plucked them - same eyebrows I had when I was a kid.

Can make my best friend laugh -- and she is the most whimsical human being I've ever known.

Having "subversive" political/social/artistic beliefs.

I am unapologetic about the fact that my wardrobe is comprised mostly of black- or white-colored cotton shirts and black denim pants.

When I'm writing something in my journal and get a moment of utter clarity, and am able to find that exact, perfect string of words to express a subtle shade of meaning.

Also, (knock on wood) I very very rarely get colds. Like a previous poster mentioned, OCD can be helpful - I wash my hands a lot

My love for music. My love for trees. My love of learning something new.

Woo hoo!! This was great!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

What I realy realy like at this moment is how we
all came here and with some hesitancy ( I did) we
thought about the good things in us and came away
feelin a little better.
It makes me teary (there was a time I couldnt do that
cuz big girls dont cry) with feelings toward you all,
we are all so worthy of liking and loving ourselves !
I got to know each of you a little better and I like
that too.

many hugs to some very special people
liddy
Old 07-12-2003, 10:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am going to have a go.

I like that I am a good mother and would never give up on my children.

I like my creativeness, decorating, playing the piano (classical music) singing and dancing.

I like that I am a genuinly caring person and a good listener, always willing to lend a hand.

I like that I am strong couragoeous and love life to the full.

I like animals and nature, trees the countryside, hills and mountains.

I like learning new things, and like the fact that I know that I will never know it all, and I get joy from learning something new everyday.

I like myself physically, I am far from perfect but I take pride in how I look, and like how I look.

There I didn't do so bad, that was good to do.

Thanks. Jewel.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow! Aren't we wonderful? Let's keep adding to our list.