Could use some good thoughts

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could use some good thoughts

Hello all
Ths isn't directly related to alcohol, but I could use some good thoughts all the same. I just completed my third year of university ... sort of. Turns out I failed a class. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm entering my professional year next year and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to, or if I'm going to lose an entire year due to one class. RAH is coming with me tomorrow to talk to Academc Advising (but they might not even be the ones able to help me)
It looks like I might be able to right an exam in August and still continue on next year, or I don't know what else. I've actually been praying today in the hopes that I don't lose an entire year and asked God for some indication that it would be ok and a song came on the radio with lyrics saying "I'm going to get through this" so maybe that was my sign lol
I know I'm rambling I'm just really nervous about tomorrow. I know I'm supposed to let go and go with my HP's will, but darnit I've worked so hard for three years I don't want to lose it all because of one class.
Thank you
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you.

I don't qutie understand why one class would mean losing all the otehr classes though. An F is a setback for sure but can't you take the class again? Perhaps over the summer?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Barbara - thank you for the prayers. I'm entering my professional year, so I can't overload at all next year and my university doesn't offer a french summer course. (it's a stupid system) If I miss entering my professional year this year, I forfit my space and would have to reapply. I spoke with the academic advisor and as soon as I mentioned the teacher's name she said "say no more". I guess there's been a lot of problems with her. I get to write the special exam in august and provided I pass it, I get to continue on.
RAH was there with me, and that was helpful. Afterwards he told me he never realized how much pressure I was under for school - that meant a lot
Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryingtofly View Post
Hello all
Ths isn't directly related to alcohol, but I could use some good thoughts all the same. I just completed my third year of university ... sort of. Turns out I failed a class. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm entering my professional year next year and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to, or if I'm going to lose an entire year due to one class. RAH is coming with me tomorrow to talk to Academc Advising (but they might not even be the ones able to help me)
It looks like I might be able to right an exam in August and still continue on next year, or I don't know what else. I've actually been praying today in the hopes that I don't lose an entire year and asked God for some indication that it would be ok and a song came on the radio with lyrics saying "I'm going to get through this" so maybe that was my sign lol
I know I'm rambling I'm just really nervous about tomorrow. I know I'm supposed to let go and go with my HP's will, but darnit I've worked so hard for three years I don't want to lose it all because of one class.
Thank you
Good thoughts comin atcha!

Here they come!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

When I was in university, in order for us to progress to the next year, we had to pass each exam with a minimum percentage i.e. 60%, if we failed to hit this we had two options, firstly, if there was a reason we under preformed on the day, the Faculty could decide to allow us to move up to the next year granting the minimum percentage (60%) without a resit, or second, we could resit the exam we failed in the month prior to the start of the next semester. In this case even if we obtained a brilliant 100%, due to the fact it was a resit we would only be allowed to carry forward 60%.

Talk to your course tutor or faculty department, I'm sure this one exam won't ruin your chances.

Love
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx