SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Blah... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/152606-blah.html)

NYC_Chick 06-26-2008 08:57 PM

Blah...

I'm having a bad night! I feel like I'm back on a roller coaster and just want to get off at the next stop. It's kind of like everything is just crashing down.

I had a very difficult therapy session tonight. It was good because I got a lot out of it, but my eyes are swelled to the size of golf balls. Then I had to come home and do prep work for my first major assignment with my new job. I'm nervous that I won't do it right, but looking forward to getting it over with just to know I can make it through.

At this point all I can do is try to focus on the good things I'm learning and let go of the bad things in my life. It's really hard, though.

Please send me some prayers for tomorrow morning! I need all the help from above that I can get : )

Kindeyes 06-26-2008 09:00 PM

NYC
Tomorrow will be a better day. I just know it will!
gentle hugs

tryingtofly 06-26-2008 09:10 PM

:praying

You're a strong person and you're going to get through this. Put a cool cloth on your eyes so they're not all puffy come morning.
It has to rain for the flowers to grow!

:You_Rock_

Chrysalis123 06-26-2008 09:10 PM

Praying!!!

lexusgirl 06-26-2008 09:50 PM

:praying

Thinking of you!

peaceteach 06-27-2008 03:35 AM

Sending big prayers for a great, successful Friday morning :)

Barbara52 06-27-2008 06:07 AM

You have my prayers too.

Pajarito 06-27-2008 06:32 AM

(((((NYC))))) I had a bad week too- and as each day went by it got a little better. I've been imaptient with my recovery- I just want to feel healthy and better NOW! Today I went to the Hazelden "Thought for the Day" page on their website and found a great writing by Melody Beattie on recovery- comparing it to learning how to play a piece of music. . . It takes time- sometimes it's not very graceful but eventually with practice we will get there. Here's the link.
Hazelden -- Thought for the Day
It helped me realize I need to be more compassionate with myself and more patient with recovery. Take care.

NeedHappiness 06-27-2008 06:39 AM

Heartfelt prayers coming your way :praying

NYC_Chick 06-27-2008 04:20 PM

Thanks everyone!

So the big conference that I was preparing for...didn't happen! I got there at 9:30 for the meeting and no one else was there. Five phone calls later...it was cancelled long before this morning but no one bothered to call our office to tell us that! At least next time I'll know how to prepare.

Other than that, I still had a pretty rough day. I found out this week that my ex was just diagnosed with crohns (sp?) disease and that his enzymes in his liver are elevated. I'm upset for him but can't do anything but pray that he gets better, or at least not worse. So far, I've avoided the internet to figure out what could be wrong with him. He's only 33. I guess it's just hitting me pretty hard at the moment. So, my strategy for the weekend is to just keep myself very busy.

I recently reconnected with a friend from school that lives down the street from me. We live near a huge park and they have concerts every friday night, so I'm going to that with her. Tomorrow I'm getting a pedicure and having lunch with another friend and sunday I'm supposed to go see a movie with another friend. Sitting at home crying, I've decided, is not an option!

Paj: Thanks for the link!!! I also wish I could just turn a switch and be "ok"

peaceteach 06-27-2008 04:23 PM

Good for you, NYC. Keep walking the walk, and filling up the weekends with fun, getting-yourself-out-there activities. It will eventually become normal for you, and even fun! It's the way back from the sadness, and you are doing a great job at working it, sister :)

RosieM 06-27-2008 06:07 PM

Paj, I love "The Language of Letting Go!" Try to read it every morning but missed it today - so thanks for the link!

Chick, I know how you feel. It's been a rough one here, too - I'm trying to follow my breath and just work through it - thank goodness for the weekend. I saw a movie last weekend and it really lifted my spirits so hope it works for you, too! R.