My husband comes home from rehab tomorrow!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up My husband comes home from rehab tomorrow!

My husband did it! He completed his 30 days inpatient treatment program! I am proud of him! I also am scared. He says he has changed, and he is going to continue being sober! What should I do to help him! He is going to keep going to his meetings once home, and says he is determined to stay sober! His "drinking buddies" have already started calling to see when he gets home! He says he doesn't want them in his life anymore. I hope he is strong enough to tell them when he gets home! This is our last chance to make our marriage work! I will do anything to help him with this, and I will continue to help myself! I am a stronger person now, and I think he is too! I am scared, nervous and happy all in one!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

This is his journey. He must walk it alone. The best help I could offer to my alcoholic boyfriend was to focus on my recovery and let him help himself. Any interference by me always did more harm than good.

I hope you both find lasting recovery.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't think there is anything that you can do to help him. He has to do this for himself. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. Continue to work on you...that's the best way to "help" him by focusing on YOU and YOUR own recovery. Good luck!