Sick and tired - advice needed please

Old 06-17-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and tired - advice needed please

Hi everyone.

Well, APartner went to a total of 2 meetings, wanted heaps of praise from everyone and then yesterday threw the phone bill out (so I couldn't see how often he was calling this chick while we were broken up). I got mad and went to a friends and didn't answer his calls for an hour. When I did answer he abused the cHirap out of me so I hung up on him.
So then I came home and of course he wasn't here. Called him a few times to see if he was coming home - no answer.
Then I get a text from one of his mates girlfriends asking how I'm going. She told me he was there 'having a few drinks, but he's not drunk.' Well, by the time he got home at 12.30am (yes, he drove himself home) he was pretty drunk.
I was sleeping on the couch and he came out saying (and it sounded like he was crying) 'Do you think it's fair that you sleep on the couch?' I dont know where he was going with that one but I just told him I'd talk to him in the morning because he was way too drunk to talk to.

So this morning when he got up he said 'morning', I said 'morning' and off he went to work after saying hello to the twins.

I think he might think he has gotten away with it and that I am just going to sweep it under the carpet. I will not live like this anymore.
Now I have to kick him out again and I am soooo tired of all this.
I DREAD dealing with this, I wish it - or he - would just go away. I had hardly any sleep because of his crap and had to get up to the twins this morning while his ass was still in bed. At least I dont have a hangover. lol.
My question is......what would you do?
I am thinking I will just say, I cant be with you while you are drinking. Please leave.
What if he says he will go back to meetings and keep trying? Should I say - well do it on your own time, not mine....?
I wish we could be together, I wish he would grow up but I also wish I had a million dollars, and I am guessing none of that is on the cards.
When he is not drinking he is really good and helpful with the twins (who are a handful on your own, 7 mths old!)
BUT, all this last 2 weeks must have been quacking for him to go out and ruin it all.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I cant be with you while you are drinking. Please leave.
That works.

What if he says he will go back to meetings and keep trying? Should I say - well do it on your own time, not mine....?
That works too. I would say something along the lines of after you have shown you are serious about sobriety and recovery, then we can talk and see where our relationship stands.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thelightdawns View Post
My question is......what would you do?
This is a question I frequently encounter here. I've asked it myself. The problem is, no matter how many straw polls I take or how many people I ask, "What would YOU do?" I end up doing what I choose to do no matter how many opinions I gather.

"I will not live like this anymore," "what if ...," and "I wish ..." I believe you have answered your own question in that first statement. Statements two and three are based on "magical thinking" and not WHAT IS.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I would say something along the lines of after you have shown you are serious about sobriety and recovery, then we can talk and see where our relationship stands.
I agree completely! IMHO Set a timeline and tell him that if by that point he's still sober and attending AA (they get 30,60 etc tokens) then you can work on your marriage.