I don't understand?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
He didn't need to, you were doing it for him. I think mist alcoholics are pretty selfish, would include myself in that category.

I can relate to this.

I completely understand how Lexus is feeling. If I suddenly found out that the ex had found his feet and turned his life around, I would feel a bit "hang on, why couldn't you do this for me?"

But then I guess I would feel that maybe, just maybe I helped him somehow by leaving. Now he has his own decisions to make, look for jobs himself (not me looking for him....)

Lex, he may have some material things but material things mean nothing. You plough forward and make your life the best you can!

((((hugs))))
Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SugarLily View Post
If I suddenly found out that the ex had found his feet and turned his life around, I would feel a bit "hang on, why couldn't you do this for me?"
Because no one does anything for someone else. No matter what appearances may say to the contrary, we all take action or don't take action because that is what we want to do for ourselves.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lexus (()) this is just another step that we all have to go through, ride it through, feel it, and the next time you hear of any good fortune he may have, it wont hurt half as bad. Is he still in contact with you? Can you have no contact with him? Like someone here said to me, if you didnt know what he was doing it wont hurt. So true.

take care hun we'll get there

Mair xx
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

oooooh girl!!! Go back and read some of my old posts...XABF left me and suddenly was on top of the world...never lifted a finger while he was here but all of a sudden he was all grown up and enjoying a great life...yeah whatever...I still get mad sometimes but it goes away. It bugs me when I think of how we never had anything and now he and his girl just seem to have it all. Travelling, new clothes, partying, picnics, cars, money, toys, oh yeah and a really screwed up relationship where he can control and she likes it! Better her than me...I'd rather be dirt poor than to live with him again. I think alot of it is just "look what I have" to cover for what they DON"T have!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
He didn't need to, you were doing it for him.
Ummm...no joke...you are right on SailorJohn. Wow.

Originally Posted by SugarLily View Post
But then I guess I would feel that maybe, just maybe I helped him somehow by leaving. Now he has his own decisions to make, look for jobs himself (not me looking for him....)
You people are on fire today! OMGosh...what a great way to think about this. It may not take the sting away but it certainly helps to deflect some of those bad feelings that make me feel like maybe I was wrong about him or that I'm the bad guy.

Thank you!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Lex: It'll get better! Everything is roses, until it's not. By then, you'll be miles down the road in your own recovery and it won't matter.

I think you're doing really great!