Change, Anxiety and Decisions oh my

Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Change, Anxiety and Decisions oh my

I just applied for a loan for tuition for my yoga teacher training. Very exciting!
Lots of change happening in my life, but I notice my sleeping is effected and I'm getting more anxious fits than I used to. A sign of recovery? I hope so, I hope i'm not just flipping out!

I wrote a letter to my friend about leaving his play but i haven't sent it yet. In my people pleasing codie mentality, saying no to someone is the same as pushing them off a bridge!

I'll send it soon though, I just feel I'm in the middle of a major life change. "You're in the hallway" my friend said (between codie and recovery)
Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Would it help you leave the play if you thought about it a different way?
For instance, the sooner you say you aren't doing it, the sooner someone can be found to take your place, therefore the sooner you say, the less you're feeling like you're letting your friend down.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right Lucy. He's still writing it and they won't start rehearsing till November, but as I'm set in my decision I should really go ahead and let them know. Thanx
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As was said before, remember you aren't that important. {hugs}
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nope! I'm not that important thank goodness! :ghug3
Old 06-11-2008, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
...Lots of change happening in my life, but I notice my sleeping is effected and I'm getting more anxious fits than I used to. A sign of recovery? I hope so, I hope i'm not just flipping out!...
This happened to me. I think it is normal in recovery as we begin to reconnect with our true emotions and have realisations about the things that have happened to us, that perhaps we brushed or skimmed over in the past.

I know that I had done this for a long time with my exabf. Sometimes it was too painful to face the truths about our relationship, the abusiveness etc, that I switched off from it and went into survival mode. When I began to heal, I reconnected with myself and began to feel again. Now 2 months after we split, I am not hurting as much but every now and again I will allow my thoughts to dwell on how I allowed myself to be treated and I hurt again. Needless to say, I try not to dwell for too long, but I think it is iomportant to process the hurt inside.

I like the idea of yoga lessons! Keep moving forward Angelus, you are doing great!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx