2nd Family session...& letter I wrote to him.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd Family session...& letter I wrote to him.

Well, our second session went better, no fighting or drama! I was able to write his letter. I will post it. Next weekend is family fundementals I have to go for the entire weekend and stay. Little nervous.

--- is where i had names typed.

Dear ---,

I guess I will start this letter by saying I am sorry. I don’t know the exact moment that everything fell apart with us. But I have made the decision to no longer look back. Sometimes it seems like it would be easy to keep reminding one another of each others faults and short comings. But what does that accomplish? Nothing! So I have decided to not dwell on the past in this letter, but instead look to the future. So let me just start by saying, I love you, and I am proud of you for what you are doing right now. I can already see a different ---. I know that the future will not be easy, it’s going to take work, and trust, and communication. I will be the first to admit, I don’t always do or say the right things, but one part of working on us is for me to work on me. I know that we will fight and disagree, but we need to find out a way to do it the right way. I know that running off every time there is a problem will not solve anything. We do not have any problems with communication, we have a problem with positive communication, without ridicule, blame, and hurtful words. Our reactions to one anothers actions are so over the top sometimes, that they do not solve anything but they only add to the original problem.
Lets agree to disagree, but lets figure out how to do it the right way. And lets learn how to talk it out!

Every time I look at our little girl, I realize how lucky we are that she has come into our life, but I also know that she deserves the best of everything. I want her to have a happy childhood, full of wonderful memories of her parents and family. I don’t want to ever see her sitting on the floor crying because we are fighting. I love watching you with her, just the way she looks at you. She loves you so much ---. And the way your face has lit up when I have brought her to see you, and the pain in your eyes when it’s is time to go, that tells me just how much you truly love her.

I never thought that us being together again was ever a possibility, but once all the games ended, and we started becoming honest and sincere with one another about the past and our feelings for one another, I realized that this marriage could be saved. I never stopped loving you ---, but I did stop liking you! But in the last week or so, when we have been able to see one another and talk on the phone, it seems like I have a new best friend. It’s like the old --- and --- are gone, and we are two people who have discovered a friendship with one another that we did not have before! & I think that is so important, because if we can’t be friends, how can we ever be husband and wife? I want to everyday to be like the first day of the rest of our lives over again!

So let me end by saying the past is the past, and we can’t go back. It’s time to go forward, and I want to go forward with you. So lets take it one day at a time, and work really hard on making this marriage and this family work. Because I do love you, and I mean it when I say, you are my very best friend in the world. Keep up all the good work that you are doing, you took that first step and I want you to know how very proud of you that I am for that, You are the strongest most determined person that I know, and if any one can do this, you can. I know that it is not easy being so far away, but the long term rewards and benefits outweigh and short term sadness and lonliness that we are feeling by being apart. Because I believe that this is opening our eyes to many things and helping to give us the tools to have a strong happy and healthy marriage. So just know you family is here and waiting for you, and waiting to start the rest of our life.

I Like You ---, and I am very happy to have my friend back!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Miracles do happen....and I hope this is yours.

Cats
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautiful.