Took Myself Out on a Date

Old 07-06-2003, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Took Myself Out on a Date

Hooray for me! I often wondered what it would feel like to go out alone among people on a Saturday night. Well, I did it! I had done it in New York a month ago and felt really proud of myself. This took courage and strength. But, I DID IT! I went to see "Chicago". I had missed it first time around, but this place serves dinner and a shows a movie, too. I went in by myself, walked to the front, got a great table, ordered my dinner, sat back and enjoyed every minute! I am so PROUD of myself!

I had enjoyed a lot of friends' company on the 4th. But, Saturday I had not planned for anything. And, of course, the DD friend NEVER includes me in any of his "singles or bar cruising" events. So, I figured, I didn't know him 6 months ago, so what's different? It's knowing that I can make plans to do something fun ALONE. Now, I want to see how I do at going to festivals, etc. on my own and I want to travel again, alone. I am getting stronger again. HOORAY!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

HORRAY for you!! Way to go!! The extent of me doing anything alone is going shopping......lol

I am so glad you had a good time.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 07-06-2003, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YEAH Still Learning......Sounds like a great time!!

You go girl!
Constant
Old 07-06-2003, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for the encouragement! Now, I'm going to go through today without contacting RAF (Recovering Alcoholic Friend). I'm going to an open house. He is at a ball game. I'm NOT inviting him over to meet my son's girl friend's mother. He wanted to meet her, but now that I'm facing facts that he is definitely a WOMANIZER (is there a letter for that???) I don't need him around me much longer.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ngaire
Old 07-07-2003, 03:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow! I did it! I went to the housewarming, rescued a bird (a real one), visited with my friend who has just lost his father, came home and enjoyed an incredible evening with my son and his lady friend's friends - a beautiful meal where everyone pitched in and cooked together. We dined by candlelight, on the porch under a whirling fan, listened to music and to a "reading" by Doris, who is a creative writer and cartoonist. Wow! Hooray!

I am learning that there is an entirely different life to be enjoyed! I am choosing to LET GO! There really are terrific, loving, people in this world. I'm going to keep finding them and surrounding myself with them, with their love and caring.

Thanks for your encouragement and for sharing.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

You are learning a valuable lesson, that we are someone without a partner!

Ngaire