Lots of thoughts looming in my head...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks PV: I pretty feel the same way! I'm 35, so I can totally understand that. I would also consider adoption, but just like you, when I'm in my 40s.

Yes, I'm talking about Sex and the City. It was really good. I was a huge fan of the show and thought the movie was great, but much sadder than I expected.

It's funny you mention the Bachelorette. I think it's a ridiculous show BUT when my brain is mush from working, it's a good mind numbing show. Honestly, for some reason, I really got the feeling that Brad was/is an alcoholic. I have no idea why. My mom thought that too. There was just something about the way he was. Really into the girl, then BAM! I can't say I love you. Then on the last show he said "I have some issues to work out before I settle down." It just confirmed the feeling even more for me. Weird!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LucyA View Post
Conversely, I had the big white wedding, big reception, honeymoon, the works, I've been divorced longer than I was married now. It's the marriage that matters, not the wedding.
I definitely agree.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LucyA View Post
Conversely, I had the big white wedding, big reception, honeymoon, the works, I've been divorced longer than I was married now. It's the marriage that matters, not the wedding.
LucyA hit the nail on the head. BTDT.

I do believe I'll find people in my life who compliment me and make me a better person. Would I love for someone to come along to be my husband again...sure. Am I sitting around waiting for that person...no. I'm too frightened of my own decision making abilities that it will be quite some time before I allow another man into my life. Lots and lots of therapy needed before I jump into that pool again. :rof

I'm 35 as well. By today's baby-making standards that is YOUNG.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Originally Posted by i4getsm View Post
I'm 35 as well. By today's baby-making standards that is YOUNG.
I concur!! I had my son in my very early 20's, he is now a teen. I didn't have a lot of patience back then. But today, oh how I'd love to have a baby! But ummmm of course a great husband first!

A lot of my friends tell me about so and so's friend went through the same thing and ended up marrying in thier 40's and having a baby then. I think the new 40 is 30.

I'm not giving up yet! Even though my son will probably be in his twenties if I ever have another baby, who cares..?? So my life wasn't the "perfect fairtytale; very far from it as you can see by what I'm dealing with now with my son, but I have hope.

My son always wanted a baby brother as he has two half sisters. Maybe someday...
Old 06-03-2008, 03:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I had it drilled into my head (by my mother) that the main purpose of a woman in life was to please men and to get married (I'm sure I'm not the only one). I got married when I was ready, and at 28 I thought I had found the right guy. Big mistake, I didn't deal with ALL of my old baggage. I ended up marrying a guy who was all of the bad things about my mother and father rolled up into one messy package. When I hear people say "it was like I'd known them all my life," I know exactly what they mean, except in a negative way. Being with him was like being at home again. Ugh!!!

Now, older and wiser (it took me years to deal with my old baggage) I am still married to my AH (18 years) but know that I will not stay in the marriage much longer. I have no intention on marrying again and have no desire to. There is nothing wrong with marriage, but I now feel the same way that FD does about marriage when it comes to my own life. For me, after years of feeling like my life was nothing without a man, there is a huge sense of freedom in knowing that it is OK to be on your own too.