OK 10 Day Challengers here we go!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking OK 10 Day Challengers here we go!

Hey Everyone!
Thanks so much to everyone for jumping on board to try this!

I've been gathering some of my favorite written inspiring texts in preparation for Day 1....Been digging up old material, it's been very interesting! And I thought well, what might we need at the beginning?

Let's give ourselves permission to change! A good place to start.

From Louise Hay:
Day 1: "I am free to change. I have the power to change. I now create a safe, joyful future."

We should feel free to insert anything specific after "I now create...." if we have a specific thing we are working toward...

As with any meditation if negative thoughts intrude try to just notice them and acknowledge them and then return your focus to the meditation.

Away we go! Happy trails all!
Peace,
B.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First, thanks to bernadette for this great challenge

And some thoughts that came up as I did my "walking meditation" this morning -- mostly? Fear. I felt a lot of fear surrounding changing, even though I know I've changed a lot already. I wonder often, if I continue to grow & change for the better, will people still like me or will they feel distant from me? If I'm happy, will I not get the attention and care I got when I was needier? If I make a little (or a lot?) more money, will people think I'm stuck-up and not want to be my friend? How much of this kind of thinking is holding me back from a better life?

Lots of fear trying to burst the bubble of my meditation ---- I was so surprised!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My thoughts centered on creating a healthier me, losing weight and gaining strength.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

At first I was frustrated because I've been feeling fatigued the past two days, but once I started to walk I continued on for 1.75miles. I concentrated on my pace, which muscle groups were being stressed and what a good thing I was doing for myself. My meditative thoughts were of gratitude for the birds, the beautiful landscape and an amazing orange and violet sky just after sunset.
I always come home happy from my walks.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I found a lot of creeping "regret" thoughts sliding in.
I had to keep repeating the words to banish that feeling.

I guess when I acknowledge that I am powerful enough to own my own life and change it how I want - and I accept that - I start beating myself up for not doing certain things sooner or differently! I go right into the past. This was a good reminder for me to stay in the present and looking forward instead of back....

I am trying to create a safe financial future for myself and my boys - and I struggle w/ patience and confidence that I CAN DO THIS, and always a feeling of too little too late....even though I am going forward in baby steps in a good way, and I believe I do have the power to change...no one else can change my situation for me!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

My thoughts centered on the same thing as Barbara--gaining strength, improving my health, and losing weight. I took my little dog along for the walk, as he could stand to lose a few, too. His thoughts apparently centered getting back home and taking a good snooze on the couch. Oh, to be a dog....
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I walked for about an hour today. When I thought about the fact that I can change, I actually felt empowered. A few negative thoughts crept up on me..mainly my regrets of being so wrapped up in the A world, that there were many times that I neglected the emotional needs of my two beautiful daughters. each and every time those thoughts appeared, I recited Joshua 1:9 out loud. While I was empowered thinking about change, I came up with some ideas to make that have more action in my life, I wrote them down when I got home, so I can finalize my plan to make them happen!!

Thanks B for such a good idea to medidate and walk.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Two meditations today...

I practically never post, because I don't feel the need. All the stories reflect mine. But I took a lot of advice given here in the last 9 months and I feel GREAT now. I really don't know where I would be without SR today... certainly not where I am now. So thank you from my heart to everybody.

And I had to post that one.

I decided to do the challenge. I walk more than this every day, but I don't meditate! It was raining. I didn't feel like going. But I pushed myself to go out anyway. I think I did not choose the good route. I walked one block, turned, and saw the xRABF. It was a shock.

I broke up with him almost 5 months ago (after 4.5 years of insanity) and I put the no contact rule in force - I could not live with his sobriety more than I could live with his drunkenness. He lives a few blocks from me on the same street. I never go that side anymore.

I was lucky, he didn't see me. I turned around, ran away in the alley, smoked a cigarette. Put myself together. Then took another street... see him again with a woman... the new girlfriend, I guess. I am still a little bit shocked, this morning. I don't know why. I would never go back with him. I did not even feel jealous towards the woman. I really do not want what she has!!!

But... still shocked anyway. I will now try to concentrate on my work. And walk 2 miles today. And have 2 meditations.

Let's hope I don't see him again... and again... because on the last day, with 10 meditations, it is going to be a very long walk!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Let's hope I don't see him again... and again... because on the last day, with 10 meditations, it is going to be a very long walk!!!!!!!

LOL!:rof

How strange and interesting that timing was.
Hope your walk is less shocking today!!!
Peace,
B.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I did about 3 miles through the park yesterday! Had to stop due to hay fever