o/t work vent

Old 05-31-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gns

o/t work vent

Friday my boss tells me that I am too short with people, that I am stubborn even in my clinical work (he suggested that I was not uptodate which is a little ridiculous since I send everyone the newest updates almost weekly!), and that I was "demeaning" to some people who presented at a meeting. He also suggested that my "attitude and demeaner" probably caused problems with a woman I had problems with who worked in another department (a lot of people had problems with her actually, and most people who work with her understand that it was not me that created that problem). He was never even involved with the issue with the other woman and just used what I told him in confidence against me. By the way most people think I am very likeable, I can be brief, but never mean. He was not able to give any specific examples. He also thinks if he says something, I should just believe him and listen to him.

He then preceded to tell me that I should not complain about being the last person at work, because no one works harder then him and I have asked to leave early before (once at 215) and I go out to lunch a lot (which I don't).

By the way he did this all outside with no warning.

I am having a hard time sorting out if his complaints are even valid and this conversation is making me doubt myself.

I know I seek approval from work.

How do you sort out your codependent issues at work?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Wow, looks like he has some internal issues himself and you were a convenient dumping ground. His comment that "nobody works harder than I do" is a classic victim statement.

It was inappropriate and unprofessional of him to discuss this with you outside where others could potentially overhear him, and equally inappropriate to lay a guilt trip on you.

I'm sorry you got dumped on. You didn't deserve it.