a good day

Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a good day

Decided to venture out of my comfortable apt. to the fitness room. No one was there, which I was glad, so I rode the stationary bike and watched the news.

Also, went to a meeting where it was an Alanon recovery birthday meeting. 3people shared their stories and one thing that stood out was when someone mentioned being present for our own lives. After the meeting, a couple people asked me if I had a sponsor, yet. I don't. Seems like everyone there wants you to have one. I'm not sure if that's what I want to do. I told them I didn't have one, but I'll keep coming back.

I seem to function better with routines, so I'm going to commit to doing something active each day. Hopefully, it'll get more comfortable as I go.

Tomorrow, my mom and sister and I are going shopping for a dress for my sister. She has a wedding to attend. Give me strength to just enjoy the time together and not find fault with anything. Invisible duct tape, please.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

I've found that it's vital to my serenity and physical health to stay in shape. I walk 2-3 miles at least every other day and sometims more often. There are times when I can't get out there but I make sure to get back to it. When that happens I will use an exercise ball or a stationary bike here at home.. It took me awhile to get a routine going and now when I don't walk or workout I really miss it.
It's great that you have a nice place to go to to workout! Way to go!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I seem to function better with routines, so I'm going to commit to doing something active each day. Hopefully, it'll get more comfortable as I go
aztchr this is wonderful! Keep going!

I know I use to view things in Black and white-no routine-angry-miserable!
When I started to see the rich colors that life had to offer-wow what a difference it
made. I have that routine down pat now!

Since my surgery and feeling yuck before hand
I was not going to the gym-and I felt just awful! The mind was off balance-among my life!

Now ...I just started back to the gym-amazing what exercise does for us!

Happy for you!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

azt-
Nice to hear that you had a good day! There is no doubt that exercise improves attitude and mental balance. I think Walgreen's has some of that invisible tape ;-)

gentle hugs