How to deal with the lies

Old 02-20-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He's just a sponge. I had sought a divorce attorney, but I get stuck with half of his debt ( I have none ) and then he takes half of the house that I have paid off !! I really just wish he would die.

My exah got all the house. I bought it and paid for it outright with my own money before I even met him and he got it. I couldn't afford the legal fees to fight him. I got the debt and the bank loans he'd taken out in my name BUT it was worth it. OK I live in rented. I am on a low income but our sons are happy, I am happy and we live in peace and answer to no one. I traded that house for a better life. I'd do the same again if I had too.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybird579 View Post
[I] I am on a low income but our sons are happy, I am happy and we live in peace and answer to no one. I traded that house for a better life. I'd do the same again if I had too.
I love your gratitude, ladybird.

we can look at these things as costs, or we can look at them as investments. Investments in our sanity, our health, our peace. (I write this for myself, for I frequently will use money as one of my excuses for not taking additional action.)
Old 02-20-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LLLisa View Post
My XAH ended up with half of the equity in the house I had paid every single payment on. I had to get a new mortgage and pay him out. I expect he has drunk most if not all of that money away by now. Not my problem. It was a LOT of money to hand over and felt like I was "buying" my freedom and peace. However, ultimately, it now feels like a small price to pay to have a life that's mine and a peaceful, happy home.
Same thing happened to me. I had to buy my ex out because he could not refinance and the kicker was that I was the one who made the payments not him. Luckily his half was not too much but still a decent amount that he managed to spend in about 2 weeks.

I was bitter for a few days after having to pay him out but once I realized that what I paid him was basically what I paid to be done with the relationship and start a new life I am ok with it.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lies....good topic. Lies is what kick started my awakening. So I will assume if I know of some lies, there are many others. AH told me 2 weeks ago that he "bought lunch" for his crew at an Irish pub at least 25 minutes from the job because they have amazing and great burgers. Said he accidentally used our card instead of company card but he would put in for it and be reimbursed. So I when I found the receipt for $100 worth of Jameson shots and beer the lightbulb went off and I knew for sure I was married to a liar and needed to do something about it. Tomorrow is payday and I am awaiting the Quack as to why the reimbursement didn't come through

He straight up lied to my 16yr old daughter to her face and she found out and was devastated and he has the audacity to be mad at her and feel sorry for himself that he "can never win no matter what he does." WTF

So I figuring out that you don't deal with the lies, assume everything is a lie and just focus on your own self and do what's right for you- and go to meetings, great information there!
Old 02-28-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TAMARAD View Post
My husband has been acting like he quit drinking.....orders ice tea or soda when we go out. No beer in the house. But I have found out that he sneaks out of work and hits the bar before coming home. Months ago when confronted he said "it's not a big deal, it was one drink". Well, I remember for the last few years he was lying about his whereabouts and spending hours and THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS at the bar. One beer is too many. When he lied, he forfeited his right to drink.

Yesterday afternoon, I stopped by his work to see if he wanted me to pick up take out for him (I'm on a special diet). He had already left work early. I stopped at the store, and STILL beat him home. He just said "traffic was bad". Bull. I was in the same traffic. I didn't confront him, I just said very little last night, I think he knows he is busted because this morning I got a peck on the cheek, but no "I love you".

Am I the only one out there that just wishes he would DIE ?!?! This man is useless. He does nothing but drag me down. He doesn't pay his share of the bills. Doesn't help pay for our son's education or upbringing. Doesn't do anything around the house except watch tv. He's just a sponge. I had sought a divorce attorney, but I get stuck with half of his debt ( I have none ) and then he takes half of the house that I have paid off !! I really just wish he would die.
You're not alone with that feeling, I often think how easy things would be of that just happened.....