Prayers needed...

Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Prayers needed...

I haven't really talked about this on here as I feel it's not really pertaining to this disease, BUT, now that I think about it more and more it is. My son's A abusive father and I have been going through a nasty custody battle for awhile now.

He can no longer hurt me physically so he has put our son in the middle to hurt me and stalk me through the family courts. He illegally has kept my son from me. (LONG story).

I FINALLY get to see my son on Friday!! I'm so nervous and scared, and have all these feelings going around and around in my head. He is almost grown up and is a teen.

We will be doing reunification counseling on Friday and I know he will look so different. I'm so afraid.

Please keep my son and I in your prayers during this tough time. I hope I can remain strong.

Thank you
Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Will keep you and your son in my prayers.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

For sure prayers going out for you and your son. I hope you have a very enjoyable time with him.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow Lexus-- prayers comin your way!
:praying
Scary, but exciting too! He must also have a whirlwind of feelings in anticipation...I will keep you both in my prayers! Easy does it!
Peace,
B.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 05-27-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You definitely have my prayers and thoughts. How exciting and scary this is!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

your post gave me chills. I can't even imagine but i will pray for you hon.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is so wonderful that there is a process of counseling that can help you and your son through this process. You are definitely in my prayers.

The whole thing of parental alienation is complicated. I went back and forth on this issue with my son and my XAH. I was soooooo afraid of what his (XAH's) addictions would do to my son. I would let him see him.....then not let him see him. I didn't realize that I was hurting my son by doing this. I did this thinking I was protecting him.

I later found out that my son found pot in his father's apartment when he was around ten. And later yet, I found out that my XH was using my son as his "source" for pot. You know like "Here's a $20 can you cop me some weed?" Great dad, huh?

I'm not sure what I should have done. Parental alienation is damaging. But letting him spend time with an alcoholic/addict was damaging. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I so hope that your son is a happy intact young man after being withheld from his mother. I hope that both of you are able to heal and have a healthy, loving relationship in the future.

Please keep us posted on how things are going LG. We care.

gentle hugs
Old 05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Good luck my prayers are with you.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i'm sending you prayers.

what a miracle -- albeit a challenging one. i hope that you can really feel the joy of being in his presence again -- if only for a moment.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Praying for you tonight, Lexus. I can't imagine who else deserves these prayers right now than you, sweetie.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lex: I had no idea you were going through this. Wow! You and your son are definitely in my prayers. I hope you have a really good time with him. I am sure you are nervous and excited. No matter what you'll get to see your "baby"! (((HUGS)))
Old 05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

good luck, lexus! try to enjoy yourself with him and think of how exciting this is and what a wonderful opportunity... and be sure to let us know how it goes!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow, I can't even imagine what you are going through, hopefully your reunion will be a joyous one.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
That is so wonderful that there is a process of counseling that can help you and your son through this process. You are definitely in my prayers.

The whole thing of parental alienation is complicated. I went back and forth on this issue with my son and my XAH. I was soooooo afraid of what his (XAH's) addictions would do to my son. I would let him see him.....then not let him see him. I didn't realize that I was hurting my son by doing this. I did this thinking I was protecting him.

I later found out that my son found pot in his father's apartment when he was around ten. And later yet, I found out that my XH was using my son as his "source" for pot. You know like "Here's a $20 can you cop me some weed?" Great dad, huh?

I'm not sure what I should have done. Parental alienation is damaging. But letting him spend time with an alcoholic/addict was damaging. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I so hope that your son is a happy intact young man after being withheld from his mother. I hope that both of you are able to heal and have a healthy, loving relationship in the future.

Please keep us posted on how things are going LG. We care.

gentle hugs
Its really nice to read your post Kindeyes, as not many people know about PAS. I was guilty of this a few times, as his A father is crazy and I couldn't allow my son to be in his care. I didn't deny him a lot of visitation but it only took a few times and bam, I was the considered the "bad Mom," for trying to protect him.

My x A is a three time convicted women batterer and that didn't matter whatsoever to the courts. He "looked" like the better parent as he is married, attends church, and has had the same job for years. I on the otherhand was looked down upon due to the fact I wasn't married and that I was a single mother trying to obtain her degree.

The family court system is CORRUPT..if anyone is going through this, please please please proceed with caution and contact a women's group that can refer you to an attorney that knows about PAS and abusive fathers.

Thanks for all the prayers

Part of me is excited but at the same time I'm so sad as I've missed out on so much of his life. I think my son is going to have many problems due to all of this, plus he has the genetic makeup to possibly become an addict.

I haven't spoken to his father since 2002. Things are so bad that he tells the GAL (Guardian Ad Litem) that he wants to "talk to me." They have all told him no this isn't about you and her anymore, but he won't listen.

My counselor has made a recommendation to the therapist that is doing the counseling to please keep me safe as his Dad will be dropping my son off, and I'm terrified he may corner me. So hopefully we can work this out safely.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Tons of prayers coming your way for Friday!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

oh, my god, lex. i'm so sorry that your instincts to protect were thwarted by insanity. it's so wrong. i feel so bad for what you and your son have been through. i am praying for safety and reconciliation for you and your son.

take care,
abc
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending giant hugs and prayers for you and your son. I have faith that you will soon be making up for lost time without any of the other worries.

PS That they thought an abuser was a better choice than you is insane!!! Also, do whatever you need to do to stay safe.

Hugs, Rica
Old 05-27-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The very best to you and your son.....

All the best Phiz