OT ~ Need Support Today

Old 05-29-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Hang in there sweetie.
Try to communicate openly with your room mate to get boundaries out in the open.
Honest communication is a skill to be practiced and used at the times you are frustrated by her so that your home will be more peaceful. It will be good for both of you.

Best wishes for your dad. You must be a great daughter.

Last edited by Spiritual Seeker; 05-29-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spell
Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Thank you so much for the well wishes! Guess you could say i'm a daddy's girl lol!!

I go back and forth about feeling bad with my roommate because when i went to bed i was ok, we joked about things like good luck to them sorta stuff. I did say why now do you have this interest and why was she asking me how to spell her name! So i kinda feel like she's going to use it against me that i wasn't THAT upset last night. It was when i went to bed that it hit me....like WHO DOES AND SAYS THOSE THINGS! So that's why i wrote it and got up angry!

Any advice for when i get home not sure if i just go home, not talk and wait to hear what she says and go about my business? Not sure now, this sucks!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, I hope things go ok when you get home, you've enough to think about without an atmosphere there too. (((hugs)))
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Big Hugs Heather! I'm really sorry you live with a nut case!

I used to live with this crazy roommate. She was much worse than you are describing, but long story short, I had to move out while she was at work because of her weird behavior.

Hang in there!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Heather,

How did things go when you got home from work?

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-30-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I got home about 9 and she was in her room with the door shut....that's how she deals with things. She can't have a normal "adult" conversation EVER. She's extremely immature. So i popped my head into her room wanting to talk and she was on the phone and when she got off she came in the kitchen for a sec. and said hi and went back in with the door shut.

I'm the crazy one right???!!! She turns this around like i did something wrong....she needs some massive help imo!! She can gossip all she wants but when someone doesn't agree or like it, i'm the wrong one!!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
...I'm the crazy one right???!!! She turns this around like i did something wrong....she needs some massive help imo!! She can gossip all she wants but when someone doesn't agree or like it, i'm the wrong one!!
Typical manipulation IMHO, goes to show even non-addicts can act in ways similar to addicts themselves.

Keep mentally strong, you know you've done no wrong, just leave her to herself!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I could just scream. I know she's not worth my energy or anger! Who does that sort of stuff, she's a 1st grade teacher and it's not exactly as bad but what if she got fired and i looked up on the school website and said "hey guess who got YOUR job"......talk about no common sense. She even admitted to me when i asked her why she was so interested in HIS life now and not when we were together, she said "I like to hear the gossip"....GET A LIFE I say!!!!

Even I WOULDN'T look for the kid on line and I was the one WITH him!!!! She's sick!!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

So how long are you going to allow her to drive you crazy Heather? You do have the option to stop this madness also.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Right now, i can't afford to leave. Apt's around here are a fortune! So i guess for the time being i will live like a "roommate" and go about my own business. I did it before when she treated me awful, i guess i can do it again. Just goest to show you who your real friends are. I've had a banner of a month with my so called "friends"!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Good luck with it all! Keep your eyes open though, there may be someone out there looking for a roommate too! You could post an ad saying something like house share wanted or roommate ready to move in!?

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx