Behavior change- what do you think it means?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Behavior change- what do you think it means?

Yesterday I was off work because it was election day. My AH spent the day "working" and playing golf. I was home for a while, but spent the rest of the day shopping with a friend, and, unbeknownst to him, seeing an attorney.

Well, last night, he came home in a terrible mood - not unusual. He drove himself home drunk though, which is unusual. He went to bed at 8:30, which is unusual. He didn't eat dinner, which is unusual. This morning, he got up early, which is sort of unusual (a new development of about two months). He got dressed and only said one thing to me, that I looked nice today. I thanked him and continued doing what I was doing, not thinking there was anymore conversation to be had since I needed to continue getting ready to leave the house with our teen. He then left the house for the day without saying a single word to me, very unusual. I don't know that he has ever done that the entire time we've been married.

What do you think? Do you think he knows about my appointment? Do you think he has done something yesterday that he's ashamed of? Do you think he can see the writing on the wall? Do you think he is just manipulating me? What do you think? I have to admit it has thrown me for a loop...

For safety reasons, it's best that he not know ahead of time when I'm planning on filing for divorce. Me, our teen, and our pets will need to be out of the house when that happens. All of this strange behavior makes me paranoid about that. My attorney believes I need to wait and file after a trip that my teen and I have scheduled and paid for abroad for fear that AH will either try to prevent her from going by court order or that he will harm our property or our pets while we are gone. Suggestions, opinions, please...

T
Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've lost my mind reading abilities so I have no idea what if anything his actions may mean. {shrug}

Follow you attorney's advice. Its what you are paying them for.

The way you responded to your AH looks reasonable to me. Since I presume you also lack the mind reading ability, all you can do is act the way that seems best for you and your teen. Don't worry about why your AH may be acting in an "unusual" manner. You can't control that any more than you can control his drinking.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is

I also agree with the above post. No one is a mind-reader and you are wasting precious energy trying to figure it out. It really doesn't matter and you'll never know if you polled 100 people. You are probably more in-tuned to his unusual behavior because you are doing something behind his back (albiet for a good reason). Therefore you feel guilty about deceiving him and it's making you paranoid. For the record, he's not a mind-reader either. Just continue acting the way you always do and don't focus on him. Take care of you and your teen. That's what's important now.

Jenny