Now STBXAH is in a rush for the divorce

Old 05-17-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick View Post
(((Barb))) I'm really happy for you! Hopefully his cyber gf is loaded. Hey, maybe she can fork over a few bucks to get the process moving faster.

LOL I sincerely doubt it. She 20 years younger than he and must be incredibly naive to be "in love" with a man she's never met. But that's her choice.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
even though they haven't even set eyes on each other yet.......since of course he doesn't have any money 'cause he still doesn't have a freakin' job.
Since you are about ready to "cut him loose",perhaps he needs to reel in the cyber-buddy to support him; while she still thinks she's found a prize!

Whatever the "reason",glad things are going in the direction you'd like. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can't help it. I'm like, getting worried for cyber-girl.

I'm such a codie...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post

I'm such a codie...
Don't worry about it she is probably a guy!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rkymtncowboy View Post
That's what my son says.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post

I'm such a codie...
Yeah me too. I have struggled with my desire to let her know the truth I have experienced rather than his fantasy world. But I do know its not my place to do so. I really do not have any real desire to insert myself into the situation or their lives. I worked too hard at separating myself from the madness and will not put myself back into it.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Barbara,

I am so glad for you. He will get what comes around because of what has gone around. My daughter's SO, for seven years, was hooked on the cyber-sex & started meeting the women..even had my daughter take him to meet up with a black woman...she finally left him and took their son with her.

She has never regretted it but now that he is older, wishes he hadn't screwed up...he sees his son often and pays good child support so isn't all bad....just addicted to internet sex & phone calls.

You are one special lady! I had to divorce a man that was an abuser and I took him to court and back again before it was over. :day4

kelsh
Old 05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

LOL I sincerely doubt it. She 20 years younger than he and must be incredibly naive to be "in love" with a man she's never met. But that's her choice.
She may be as sick as him. I mean think about it, heathly attracts healthy, dysfunction attracts dysfunction, and maybe even over the internet.

Or a guy :rof
Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

these posts about the cyber gf etc. are a hoot!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I go between seeing their cyber love affair as funnier than all get out and thinking its so sad that not only these 2 but so many are so willing to belive a fantasy relationship is a real relationship.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I go between seeing their cyber love affair as funnier than all get out and thinking its so sad that not only these 2 but so many are so willing to belive a fantasy relationship is a real relationship.
*sigh*

i so agree with you! sometimes this is now my motivation for minding my own business -- i find the "outer" world so shocking, depressing or disappointing!

anyway, from one who desires to be in touch with reality and living a life of sanity and serenity:

I salute you, Barb!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Originally Posted by rkymtncowboy View Post
LOL!

Hey Barb - the final stretch is finally here! Woo-hoo!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ok- slow me- I finally realize what a STBXAH is. I have one of those too. I have to say I have always found strength in your posts B52. You are a strong woman, and things seem to be falling into place for you. Thanks for being an inspiration!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pajarito View Post
You are a strong woman!
Thank you. I have come to see my marriage as an aberation away from the real me. Why I took that route involves a whole bunch but some of it was an unrecognized need to be married as I approached by 50th birthday, a need to play rescuer, a refusal to lsten to my inner voice that was telling me to walk away and having grown up in an alcoholic family. I got stupid! Now the real me is back, better than before actually because I have done work on understanding just why I got stupid. It won't happen again.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Thank you. I have come to see my marriage as an aberation away from the real me. Why I took that route involves a whole bunch but some of it was an unrecognized need to be married as I approached by 50th birthday, a need to play rescuer, a refusal to lsten to my inner voice that was telling me to walk away and having grown up in an alcoholic family. I got stupid! Now the real me is back, better than before actually because I have done work on understanding just why I got stupid. It won't happen again.
I'm trying to understand why I once again took "that route." I suggested to my counselor that we go back to the day I first met xabf and try to re live that whole scenario. It will hopefully help me understand why I didn't listen to my gut as I did see the red flags and proceeded anyway.

Barb-I like how you say "I got stupid!" LOL! For me I think there was a whole lotta things going on and I certainly confused lust for love and was in denial. I too feel I'm getting "older" and still haven't found "the one," I think I tried to mold him into the one.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I salute you as well .. And glad you were able to find the real you again.

You go woman !!