What a spectacular day!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

What a spectacular day!

What a spectacular day here in the Washington, DC, metro area! If you live on the east coast, get outside and enjoy this picture perfect day. I've got every window in the house open and there's a cool breeze blowing through the house.

The sun is shining. The birds are singing and I'm heading out to Home Depot to buy some flowers to plant in my newly landscaped front and back gardens and some more paint to finish painting my front porch furniture.

It would be such a shame and a momumental waste of time to let thoughts of our alcoholic loved ones take up one moment in our heads on a day like today. Days like today are truly a gift from God.

I'm going to take this gift that has been offered to me and make the most of it. I hope you do, too.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is indeed a gorgeous day here! I love spring. Everything is in bloom and turning a lovely green. It reminds me to continue my own rebirth and to cherish this chance I have to grow.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Enjoy FD! That sounds wonderful! It is a bit cold and rainy here in NJ however things to do inside that I will be able to make the most of!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good grief woman, you are an inspiration! Unfortunately it was raining all day, and today I am working- BUT- I cannot wait to get out in the garden- and I will not allow thoughts of AH to interrupt the birds and my enjoyment of digging around in the dirt!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I'm done for the day. I went to Home Depot and found the loveliest yellow petunias ever. They're called Lemon Parfait. It's the first time I've seen yellow petunias, so I just had to snap them up. I also planted some varigated lariope, sweet potatoe vines, and two deep purple clematis vines. Then I hung six potted ferns on my front porch--one in between each pillar.

Afterwards, I mowed the lawn. It started to rain just as I was finishing the lawn (which was a good thing because now I don't have to water the new plants), but I didn't get around to painting the last few chairs on my porch. I'll have to do that tomorrow. If there's rain in the forecast, I'll just paint them in my garage and move them to the porch when they're dry.

I'm going to wait to post the pics of my porch until my new rugs arrive. I ordered them online, but they're on backorder until May 20th. Poopies.

Now I'm off to have a good long soak in a hot tub and then I'll brew a pot of tea and put on a Netflick.

What a fabulous day!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

FD,
Thanks for sharing about your day.
It was a sunny, beautiful day here too.
Guess what I bought at my local Home Depot? They're not petunias but they're yellow. http://www.mountaineagleweb.com/2003...nDaisyBush.jpg
Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, CMC, that's spectacular. How big does it grow?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

That's not the best picture but the others I had were included on commercial sites. The plant shouldn't get more than two feet high and wide. They are low maintenence here in FL.

What I love about this plant is that each flower has a six inch extended stem, making them perfect to use as cut flowers. I think I'm going back to the store tomorrow and buy some more...they are so cheery don't you think?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Definitely get some more. I'm going to see if I can find any in my area.