SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Falling apart... Prayers please! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/149025-falling-apart-prayers-please.html)

NYC_Chick 04-29-2008 07:33 PM

Falling apart... Prayers please!

It's been a really rough week. I feel lost and scared. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I keep saying the serenity prayer over and over and can't find any peace.

I know others have a lot more going on, but I would appreciate if you all would pray for me.

Thanks for being here :ghug3

makeachange 04-29-2008 07:36 PM

I'm new and don't know you, but I read your post and wanted to say that I'm sorry you're struggling and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am searching for peace too; perhaps we will each find some this week. Hugs!

T

i4getsm 04-29-2008 07:36 PM

I just said a prayer for you NYC. I honestly believe in the power of prayer. I hope you get the answers you are looking for (they may not be the ones you want but at least it's a way to know you are on the right path).

offhegoes 04-29-2008 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick (Post 1754890)
It's been a really rough week. I feel lost and scared. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

I know others have a lot more going on, but I would appreciate if you all would pray for me.

I'm also new but feel your Pain (AH is hooked on drugs but the fall out is the same). I am here for you and I will put you in my prayers tonight.

Bernadette 04-29-2008 07:45 PM

Prayers and (((HUGS))) NYC chick--
be gentle with yourself!
peace,
B.

nowinsituation 04-29-2008 08:04 PM

NYC Chick - I've been thinking about you -- and now will also be praying for you. Hang in there, you are dealing with a lot right now. It's OK to feel lost and scared, you are at a new beginning with your new job. Remember, beginnings are scary. Keep praying, keep reaching out, don't panic, everything will be OK!

Chrysalis123 04-29-2008 08:20 PM

Praying..... be extra kind and compassionate with yourself.

Barbara52 04-29-2008 08:21 PM

I will pray for you also.

I often found praying for peace and guidance to be helpful, followed by quiet listening for that guidance. It has always come for me and I'm sure it will come for you also.

lexusgirl 04-29-2008 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick (Post 1754890)

(((((((NYC)))))))))

I have been thinking about you lately too. I can totally relate to the way you're feeling right now. I know I'm dealing with moving out right as we speak and barely holding it together. I think it's all the changes and fear of the unknown.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there sweetie :)

ToughChoices 04-29-2008 09:01 PM

Lots of changes this week - easy does it.

Fall apart for a little bit. You (and your HP) always manage to pull it back together.

Prayers.
-TC

PHIZ007 04-29-2008 09:30 PM

Yes as toughchoices says....fall apart a bit, allow yourself too for a while if you need.

Then up you hop.... dust yourself off from the fall....and off you go. Life is difficult sometimes....VERY difficult but you just keep taking one step infront of the other and it will get a little easier each day

I wish you peace in your journey along the way....and just keep posting here for the tremendous support.
PHIZ :0)

peaceteach 04-30-2008 02:37 AM

Prayers for you, sweetie. Falling apart may seem bad, but staying in the storm was NOT the right thing to do and you did get away from that. Have faith that you are right where you are supposed to be in your journey.

Kindeyes 04-30-2008 03:28 AM

Sending prayers your way. I hope that tomorrow feels better for you and you are able to find some of the peace you seek.

gentle hugs

Rella927 04-30-2008 10:13 AM

Many prayers to you NYC! :Val004: things will get better...never give up!

Pajarito 04-30-2008 10:17 AM

Thinking of you too (((NYC)))- Hang in there- we're here for you!

Shivaya 04-30-2008 10:44 AM

My Dear NYC Chickadee, hope these flowers brighten your day.......

:flower5:

Take extra special good care of yourself, maybe go see a funny movie...do something that brings you joy and a big smile to your face......today!!!

Shivaya

hopeangel 04-30-2008 11:38 AM

(((hugs)))

i had a day like this last week hon. it WILL pass. tomorrow is another day. a better one. if you can, get out and do something. keep yourself very busy. it helped me.

praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigredme 04-30-2008 12:07 PM

Nope. you're not falling apart. you're growing. just gotta look at the situation with a squint. see? see how strong you are? you are NYC_Chick....indestructable baby! just in case i'm sending you major positive strength and love vibes...
your friend in jersey,
bigredme

i4getsm 04-30-2008 12:21 PM

How are you doing today? :ghug3

abcdefg 04-30-2008 06:37 PM

sending you hugs and prayers!!!!