I'm Engaged !!!

Old 06-30-2003, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm Engaged !!!

Hey everyone--
I just had to share the news. My mom already kinda let the cat out of the bag though.
We were on vacation and I was missing my guy like crazy. Our last stop before going home was Dollywood and I was pretty exited about it since Dolly Parton is one of my heroes (don't laugh). Well I was wondering around the park with my sister and we were headed back to meet the rest of the family at three o'clock when it started pouring down rain. Well we met back up with everyone and they started splitting up again. My brother wanted to go with my sister to ride some water rides since I hate them, and Mom was taking my other sister who is handicapped, so I was with Dad. Dad said he needed to go back to our campsite to get more money for souvenirs so I was like ok. We went out to the trolley stop and were standing just inside it looking out at the rain when all of the sudded this guy was walking up that looked like my guy. I then felt really guilty for checking out another guy when mine was so far away. And then OMYGOSH it was him. He was in Tennesee when he was supposed to be in Ohio. I wanted to run and jump into his arms and kiss him all over, but we were in public and my Dad was right there. Grrrr. So I just took his hand and stared at him. Well to make a long story short...I thought we were going back into Dollywood, but he said that we weren't and that he was keeping a promise that he had made to me a week ago. I was absolutely soaked from the rain so I wanted to go back to our motorhome to change. Well, the motorhome was locked so we broke in. That will make it pretty memorable. He finally told me that he had reserved a boat and that we were going dancing on a lake. That was the promise that he had made, that he would take me dancing on the water. I was astounded and pretty sure I had the most perfect guy in the world. I mean how many guys will surprise you several states away with a boat and dancing? Well, we got the boat and we went out to where the smoky mountains were in the distance and he turned the boat off and was showing me the stuff he had brought for me. He had brought tons of classic country cds, a caeser salad, scooby doo fruit snacks, and Dr. Pepper, all of which I absolutely love. He was on the floor messing with the cd player when he told me that I had to stand up to dance with him, so I did. Then he turned to me and got on one knee and opened a box. Inside was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. He said "Will you marry me?" I stood there without breathing for a few moments before I could answer yes. I then asked if I could sit down because I was shaking so much. He gave me the ring and then I made him put it on my finger, and I just stared at it. It is perfect. It is a tri-diamond setting in platinum with a cathedral mount. We danced in the middle of the lake and everything was perfect. It had stopped raining and everything was beautiful. We took pictures of the place and then went back to show my parents who already knew everything since they and my boyfriend had been planning this for weeks. It was wonderful.
Well I am sorry this was so long, but I wanted to share everything. Love you guys.
--Ångel
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Angel!!

Congrats!!

I read your post and it brought tears to my eyes. I felt like I was reading a passage in a romance novel.

Thank you for sharing your joy with us. I do so love the happy things we hear!

You take care!!

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 06-30-2003, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

(((((((((Angel))))))))))

I am so very, very, happy or you...What a lovely event for you to remember...

Congraduations!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow! A romantic proposal to share with your children and grandchildren for years to come. Congrats Angel! I'm very happy for you and your groom!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks guys!!
I'll keep you updated on everything.

Love you,
--Ångel