After the Alcoholic in my Life Left.....

Old 04-25-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
...we were given a list of those looking to get on a team as the other teams were full...
Hey Heather just an idea, but if there are so many of you looking for a team, and not enough teams, why don't you start up another one? Am I right in thinking you have done this before?

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh that is a good idea but unfortunately we picked up everyone that responded lol!!!

See yesterday i was feeling like i was questioning my own character because of the stuff she was saying to me. Well last night i went to dinner with another friend that knows shes wacked and said not to even think for one second that i treat/act like that towards people and that she needs help lol!! It kills my "friend" to no end that i don't respond, i don't do it for games, i just feel like what's the point because as fast as i respond she fires back flipping out like a nut case.

But unfortunately she's the type that will NEVER back down and actually see that she's being ridiculous but my other friends see it and they remind me!!

My good friend last night said you know what she's called an emotional vampire. I nearly fell off my chair as i've never heard that term before you guys yesterday!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

now that I'm no longer a push over, people around me don't know how to handle it other than treat me worse than before.
Well....too bad, so sad for them....good for you for no longer being a pushover. If they are your true friends, they will support you in your journey of learning self-respect.

And if they don't know how to handle you, and are treating you worse than before, you may want to think about ending the friendship and making new friends with people that will respect you and support you.

I know you were joking about not wanting to be nice anymore. It's probably your nature to be nice. You can be nice and still not let people walk all over you!

My ah said he does not like the person I am becoming (I attend al-anon, see a therapist). I have made a lot of progress in the almost 3 months I've been here....and boy oh boy...he does not like it. I no longer take his crap...I no longer enable him....soon I won't be dependant on him anymore...he's not a happy man....

Thanks for sharing with us, take care of your nice self!!!

Shivaya
Old 04-25-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(i'm a wicked people person)
Love, love, love this! I'm going to use it!!!

I'm a wicked people person too!!

Shivaya

Last edited by DesertEyes; 04-26-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by Shivaya View Post
(i'm a wicked people person)
Love, love, love this! I'm going to use it!!!

I'm a wicked people person too!!

Shivaya

lol, i forget that "wicked" is a boston thing!!!! Right up there with paak the caaa!!!

Thank you for your post. Al Anon helped me as well. My "friend" wants us to come back and play but she is still insisting there was friction between us and i HONESTLY don't know what she's talking about. I"m torn, if i go back and play, im strictly playing and not helping but does that mean that i accepted her poor behavior torwards me or does it mean i don't care what she thinks, i want to play! Which that's really it, i want to play but torn like i said. I'm running out of time to decide!!

Last edited by DesertEyes; 04-26-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote