Why I love soberrecovery.com

Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I love soberrecovery.com

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being here and sharing your story. So as many of you know I recieved a job in my degree the other day and I am losing weight(down 12lbs) and feeling pretty ok here lately. Well today I was enjoying the nice beautiful weather and having a great day untill I was driving home from work and a song came on that reminded me of the ex and the tears just started and I could not turn them off. So I got home and I cried it out and just let myself feel the emotions and then I stopped and took the advice that many have given on here.

I called a friend and said hey lets go to the park and walk. So we went and then watched a baseball game that was going on and I just got home and feel so much better!!! I also jumped on here and started reading some stories to remind me of how much I used to hurt like so many our hurting on here that are still in the tornado of alcoholism. I hate that so many are still going through it. These stories really make me sad and it takes me back to when i was in the tornado and I thank God that I no longer have to deal with these issues. Yes I miss the good times(and there were many) but when I read these stories it puts me right back into those dark days.

What I am trying to say is that for all of you that are going through this storm right now I understand. I have been there and man even though I don't know you personally I feel your pain. I am proof that things can turn around. Yes there are still sad moments but at least the moments pass and I can feel a sense of relief again. I stayed with my abf for a long time because I feared change so bad. I thought that we were different, I thought he was different and i could not imagine my life without him. I made myself think that he was not that bad(denial big time) but reading your stories on here and realizing that they are all the same as mine confirms for me that I was really in a bad situation.

Please keep coming back and hopefully one day you can be closer to where I am right now. If you don't believe me that my situation was crazy just click on my name and you can read up to my very first post. I was lost and now I am starting to find myself again. Thank you.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I tell everyone I know about this site. I have learned so much from everyone here (including you, Designer!).
Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

That a Girl, Designer!!!!

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts with us! I think many of us feel the same way you do!!

Shivaya
Old 04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I too love this site. When I first arrived here, I was inspired that there was a better way by the 'veterans'. I have received so many insights into my behaviour and my role in life by reading all the stories shared by all the members. I have made permanent changes in my fundamental thoughts and beliefs and can truely say I have entered a new path.

I am eternally grateful for those who have come through the fog to the light and continue to post here to help others along their own way, without their input, I feel many of us would remain stagnant, like water stuck in a bowl, instead of exploring our inner selves, like water flowing in a river.

I hope to repay the kindness of all the members by always attending here to share my stories as I progress.

Thanks to all at SR

Lily xxxxxxxxx
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've been hanging around here for 6 years. I found SR when I was in a lot of pain and wasn't able to get to face to face meetings as much as I wanted to. I loved that I could come here at 3 pm OR 3 am and someone would be here, someone who understood my life and my pain... and also understood that I needed support and wisdom from a place of recovery. I needed someone else to hold the light for me when my light was really, really dim.

People come and people go... and its all good. Yes, I love this place too !

Cats
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Your post is very inspirtational. It is important to hold on and know that when are intent is for things to get better, it can. Way to go.
You have an amazing life.