Question

Old 04-23-2008, 03:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sad days indeed when the truth isnt good enough. Obviously your skills and experience got you the job. I understand that a company has a right to have a drug free work place. If I say I dont do drugs and my work performance says otherwise, I would comply to a drug test as well as other tests to see what is wrong. I have a great concern for turning over samples of my DNA such as a hair sample. A hair contains your entire drug history. Some people choose to smoke pot.
I find the truth acceptable. I would most appreciate honesty in my employees.
Random drug testing is seldom random.
If I were you and the test came back positive, I would look them dead square in the eye and tell them the truth, if they didnt believe me, I wouldnt want to work for them.
It would be the first red flag.
I work with people who do not smoke pot, they do call in once a week, they are 100 pounds overweight, they come in hung over........
I am an RN and I think Pot should be legalized for my own reasons. I have seen it usd very effectively for pain relief, as an antiemetic, as an antianxiety. I have seen it stimulate appetite in cancer patients. People hate that I am an RN and advocate for the legalization of pot.
My second reason is that it is the pharmacutical companies that are stopping it from being legal. Pot is an herb, it can not be patented. It isnt a money maker.
I dont' smoke pot. As more and more people are without health insurance, they do what they can do.
I have talked at length wit a seasoned child psychiatirst who states firmly that people who smoke pot are self medicating for diagnosable issues. Zoloft is about 175.00 for a months supply.
In my opinion, the smarter problem solvers are abstract thinkers, abstract thinkers don't not associate with people because they might get some pot smoke on them.
I do alot of teaching on home rememdies for people who cant afford to pay 37.00 for a pack of sterile dressings when a box of Kotex serves the same purpose for about $3.00.
Normal saline is about 13.00 a quart at the drug store. NS is about a quart of water boiled with a teaspoon of table salt in it.
If I were you I wouldnt worry about the test results. I'd decide how I felt about pot and stand on the truth and my convictions. If you feel otherwise, change the company you keep.