Single mothers and fatherless children

Old 05-12-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Single mothers and fatherless children

Today is mothers day, and I have been planning how to get through the day so that it won't turn out to be a big downer.

One thing to look forward to is a special on Ophra's OWN network---dedicated to single mothers struggling to get by. Last Sunday, the special program was about fatherless children--WOW--so powerful. I am going to try to get the recording, because every man without an involved father (for any reason) should see this.

The single mother special is at 9PM tonight (EST). I know these issues hit close to home for lots of other people on this forum.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Thanks, Dandy,

If I can throw a suggestion out there to people who might be trying to think of a way to feel good on Mother's Day, you might plan to give your local shelter for battered women a call and see what they need there. Most places have an ongoing need for toiletries and such--maybe make up a little basket of necessities and make arrangements to drop it off wherever it can be picked up. Lots of women (many of them moms) take off with literally the clothes on their backs.