Hello. I'm New Here.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your responses! I will definately stick with this site & I'm very glad I found it! It's the next best thing to an actual Al-Anon meeting, I'm guessing :ghug

You guys are helping me see a lot of things that I had trouble seeing before.

Becky
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You're not an idiot and you're not stupid. I found that when I used hurtful words to describe myself often enough, that I started to believe them. One way I was able to raise my self esteem was to start treating myself with kindness and respect. And that meant I needed to stop belitting and criticizing myself.

Give it a try. It takes time to break self-defeating habits, but the results are worth it. I'm glad you plan on sticking around. This forum is truly a gift.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I'm in the same boat as you. Found out about some crap on AH's cellphone bill. (Are they all so blind that they don't know cellphones track their numbers???) Trying my best not to continue digging into the bill and making myself more angry at what HE did. It's just not worth it. I know he's a liar and even when confronted, he's still a liar and a cheat.

Try to spare yourself the pain of further discovery. Once you have enough to know you want to leave him, anything else is just the same ol' movie, ya know? Besides, if he really does make a go at getting better, not telling him about the call tracking may be a good way to find out if he's telling the truth or not.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good point!

Becky
Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Hang in there Becky, you're are worth so much more. It hurts, I won't deny that...it's been almost two months since xabf and I have broken up and I still cry every day. Slowly as I take baby steps I'm starting to find myself again and I know I'm a good person and worth so much more then giving my love to some drunk and liar.

((((((hugs))))))