Finally free-little long

Old 04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats SailorJohn!

Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, they will always materialize if we work for them (the promises!) Hey we all gotta do what we gotta do....It is hard to make changes like breaking contact with the new phone numbers. I am sure that hurt a bit, maybe not when you told us about it but maybe after or something.

One day at a time. I am happy for you.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Should have added: 'she could hardly have refused me entry without looking guilty'
That doesn't fix it or make it any less creepy.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sailorjohn,

You did what us codies do sometimes..............went back out and experimented again. sometimes it's the only way we can get back on our program and stay the course when we see that nothing has changed.

Ngaire

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
No, I didn't 'have' to see her. And I should have changed the phone numbers 3 weeks ago. Maybe it's something akin to what I've heard, on occasion, from newly recovering alcoholics, congratulating themselves that they attended a party where alcohol was being served, even passed out drinks themselves, and didn't touch a drop. Maybe I just wanted to feel that queasy feeling in my stomach again?
Old 04-12-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
Sailorjohn,

You did what us codies do sometimes..............went back out and experimented again. sometimes it's the only way we can get back on our program and stay the course when we see that nothing has changed.

Ngaire
I think what it probably really was, one last feeble attempt to get her to change. I think I knew all along that it wouldn't make any difference, but I did it anyways.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I think what it probably really was, one last feeble attempt to get her to change. I think I knew all along that it wouldn't make any difference, but I did it anyways.
Or male ego or pride or guilt or pain or knight in shining armor syndrome or....

Search your own feelings and heart to see if you find a root reason (may or may not find one)
But if you do...it will show you a place you can work on to find self improvement so the same issues don't come up again.

I know of only two who know what is in my heart...Me and God.
With His help, I can find what needs be fixed in me.

I have found more personal growth when I look inside like that and look for the root of why I do things.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Heck we all fall back into old patterns. Its easy to do. I have been separated from AH for 9 months now, haven't even seen him at least 2 (I just realized I can't remember when I saw him last. Cool. ) but still catch myself trying to tell him what to do in emails about the house and divorce now and then. I think I've deleted all those emails before they were sent but I do have to consciously stop myself from engaging the codie behaviors nwo and then.

Be patient with yourself. It takes time and a lot of relearning of better behaviors. It doesn't happen overnight.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SJ,
I really don't know your situation, seperation/divorce,
I do know that when we are dealing with a alkie mind
things can spirral out of control very fast, murder/suicide
is not out of the equation. If you are not getting some professional
counseling you maybe should check into it.
Meanwhile step back and maybe look at step 2.

Be carefull, and God bless