SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Prayers needed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/147484-prayers-needed.html)

Rella927 04-04-2008 05:53 AM

Prayers needed

This morning I received a phone call from a girlfriend-Our mutual girlfriend’s husband went out on the Delaware last night with 2 friends fishing-Their boat flipped and the one friend made it to shore while-My girlfriends husband and other friend-were stuck in an air pocket and have been missing since last evening. The police performed a search/rescue most of the night-and now they are just “searching”.

This man is an amazing man and is one of the nicest people you would come across in this world. He is not much of a swimmer and unfortunate they did not wear life vests.

We are all devastated by this and are praying that they are just lost in the woods. We know the odds however are asking for many prayers at this time. My heart is just breaking right now….

Thank you guys :a194:

Impurrfect 04-04-2008 06:07 AM

((((Rella))))

Hugs and prayers to you and your friend and family.

Amy

hopeangel 04-04-2008 06:13 AM

yes prayers rella!!!

Barbara52 04-04-2008 06:57 AM

Oh dear! You all have my prayers.

lexusgirl 04-04-2008 07:39 AM

(((rella))))

Sending up lots of prayers.:praying

hbb 04-04-2008 07:42 AM

Oh Rella

You all have my prayers as well. What a tragic accident.

((((()))))

TDinATL 04-04-2008 07:53 AM

Very sorry to hear this sad story, I've lifted the situation and family in prayer.

Rella927 04-04-2008 07:55 AM

Two missing as boat capsizes on Delaware - poconorecord.com - The Pocono Record

I just spoke to my one girlfriend and they still have come up with nothing-This is very difficult to feel helpless-but glad that my choice to begin recovery has made me less whacky today! LOL ...

FormerDoormat 04-04-2008 08:18 AM

Prayers going out to you, your girlfriend, her husband, and everyone affected by this situation.

minnelson6200 04-04-2008 08:23 AM

:praying

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will pray for the best possible outcome.

ICU 04-04-2008 09:36 AM

Oh my! Extra prayers are going out to all involved. Keep us posted sweetie!

warrens 04-04-2008 09:52 AM

Don't know what to say... Words fail me at this kind of stuff.

I hope that you can find something to grasp on to. Something that you might give to your friend. Something that you might incorporate into your life as a result.

As I write, I am listening to a brilliant speech by Hillary Clinton. Commemorating Dr. King's life. Hillary is not my favorite of the candidates. But this speech is revealing a part of her that I haven't seen. It is obvious that she has incorporated the man (Dr. King) into her very substance.

Perhaps that is all we can do.

warren

NYC_Chick 04-04-2008 10:11 AM

You are all in my prayers.

cmc 04-04-2008 12:33 PM

(((Rella)))
Add in my prayers too.

Rella927 04-14-2008 01:19 PM

Just wanted to update everyone and thank you all for the prayers-

This brings a lot of tears to my eyes-as the search was put to an end yesterday...this is when we truly need to turn things over to God-It hurts so much within to feel so powerless over this situation-The familys and my girlfriend and what they are feeling is just heart wrenching.

I'am Grateful today that I can be there for her-the best that I can be-

Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers that some kind of closure can happen for them soon.

Thank you :a194:

Chrysalis 04-14-2008 02:21 PM

I will be :praying for all you and the families.

FormerDoormat 04-14-2008 08:58 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. We never know when we will be called home. That's why it's so important to live in the now. Not just exist but really live.

I will keep you, his family, and all who loved him in prayers.

Latte 04-14-2008 09:04 PM

I used to work Search and Rescue in the Coast Guard. My prayers continue to be with you.

ICU 04-15-2008 08:42 AM

I'm so sorry! Right now I can't seem to find the words. Just know I'll keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

Kindeyes 04-15-2008 08:58 AM

Rella
This is so very tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your girlfriend and her family. She is lucky to have such a dear friend in her time of despair.
gentle hugs