AB said it's me.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AB said it's me.

Hi all,
I rec'd an email from my AB today. In it he stated he was done with me because I have a problem. He stated that I don't get a long with anyone, family wise. (That's a lie, we are estranged from our sil-has nothing to do with anything I did) He told me I have the problem and I'm not much of a sister. That I think everyone has a problem but me and that he is done with me and I had better rethink. ?? That I've never helped him and he doesn't know why I always think he's wanting money. (That comes from the fact that's all he talks about usually when he calls.)
This email stems from a call last night, from his work place, where he stated that cops were harassing him. I told him they shouldn't be harassing him but that had nothing to do with the fact that he dui and driving while revoked. He instantly got mad and I told him that he wasn't the victim..that he did the crime. He started yelling at me on the phone and hung up. Now I get this email about all my faults. Sure I have faults, but 99 % of email was false. I also noticed it was emailed at 2 am, tells me he was good and drunk.
I've decided not to respond.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tstorm08 View Post

Good.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

99 % of email was false.
You are a very smart person.

It still hurts when others say such things but where you know and understand the truth, I hope you find it doesn't hurt so much.

Not replying is a very good idea. Why fuel his fire.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also noticed it was emailed at 2 am, tells me he was good and drunk.
An excellent reason to ignore what he said and not respond. I'd venture to guess he won't remember his rant anyway ...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

its always someone else's fault.....

didnt you get the memo?

:wtf2
Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It hurts when they say mean and untrue things. I think they know that they are being mean and hurtful......it takes the focus off of them. Ignoring him (and knowing in your heart that what he is saying is untrue) is a good plan.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Great idea not to respond!

In my exp. my XAB use take the "focus off him" by pointing out what a "terrible person" I was. I use to believe that until I realized-more about alcoholism. Today I know better and do not respond to toxic people-They like me or they do not. I really could care less.

I have found when people are lashing out-they are doing in regards to themselves!

Last edited by Rella927; 04-04-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

QUACK QUACK QUACK

That's what my sponsor told me to hear when mine went on a rant. It's just a form of verbal vomit that they spew... but what it REALLY is is their own self loathing spilling out. They are in pain and have such low self esteem they can't possibly feel good about themselves or anyone else. Mine was in so much pain he couldn't possibly look into his own life or his own feelings, so everything was my fault or the kids' fault or someone else's fault.

Once I realized that just because he said it didn't mean it was TRUE my life got better! Detachment is a good thing to learn more about. It really helped me.

Hugs
Cats
Old 04-05-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sister of Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
It hurts when they say mean and untrue things. I think they know that they are being mean and hurtful......it takes the focus off of them. Ignoring him (and knowing in your heart that what he is saying is untrue) is a good plan.
I can't agree more....alcoholics will say mean and untrue things--not to clear the air, but to evoke guilt in the other party and blame others for their issues. Don't respond and know that you're doing the right thing!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"I've decided not to respond."

Yeah That!!!!!

Sounds like a lot of:

from the bro....
sorry you're dealing with that.
Peace,
B.