Open house Sunday

Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Open house Sunday

I hope it results in a sale of the house. We've dropped the price so that its a real bargain. Its priced below everything else in the area for the size. It looks semi presentable IMO but that's just the way its gonna be.

AH is still living there and has done his best to drag his feet getting the house ready. He knows that foreclosure is on the horizon but he is so deep in denial of reality that he still won't do what needs to be done. Simple things like keep the place clean and mow the lawn. {shrug} I've pointed out that he will lose everything if they foreclose but even that doesn't seem to sink in.

I've done what I can, paying for half the painting and the yard cleanup. I made AH find the money to pay half the painting and all the cleaning expenses. He borrowed it from his mother. She is actually paying all his bills and has been for months. She doesn't see that she is enabling. She has bought into his POV that I am an evil witch and its all my fault. Oh well. Her problem, not mine.

I've come to terms with the possibility that a foreclosure may happen, that I may lose my share of the equity. I don't like it but if that's God's will, so be it. Its only money and I can recover from the blot on my credit record. Life is good and this will not get me down.

So wish me luck. Pray for a quick sale. I just want it all done.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you it sells really quickly

PS - I love your sig, I'm going to write it on a big bit of paper and post it up on my wall so I can read it often
Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Barb, I will be thinking about you on Sunday and saying a prayer and seeing a sold sign on your house..
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Cyathea. I came across that statement in a book of meditations in my son's therapist's office. I brought tears to my eyes as I finally began to understand just what my enabling meant to my AH. It was a big moment in my recovery.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good luck and best wishes from over the seas, im sure everything will go well.

Mair x
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
before the open house bake some bread in the oven.....that way when prospective buyers walk in they are immediately overwhelmed with the irresistable aromas that trigger thoughts of comfort and "home" - make sure the place is neat as a pin.....blinds/curtains open to let in light......decluttered.....all light bulbs work......
I would do all those things. But I don't live there anymore. He won't do any of it.

I plan to meet the agent there as soon as AH is out of the hosue for the day and do all sorts of things to help present it. But my options are limited. Heck, I'll probably have to clean the freakin' bathrooms. Arrgggghhhh!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'll be sending good thoughts and energy your way on Sunday....control the things you can (clean those toilets...yuck), and leave the rest to your HP!

I like Anvilhead's advice, although I'd change the bread to chocolate chip cookies (this is what the previous owner of my home had in the oven when my husband and I saw it for the 1st time....).

I can see an angel following you around on Sunday......

Best of luck to you Barb52,

Shivaya
Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

When I smelled a faint trace of bleach on the porch approaching the front door, I was already hooked into buying the home I live in now.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Barbara)))

I like the idea of the baked bread or cookies...they know have candles and those air freshener things that have wonderful "homey" type scents...a little easier than actually cooking (okay, I don't cook).

I'll be sending good wishes for the house to sell on Sunday, but I love your attitude...you ARE going to be just fine, no matter what happens.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Good luck Barb!! Hope it sells soooon!!!:ghug3
Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending positive real estate vibes your way.

L
Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My agent is great at staging as she calls it. She had flowers planted yesterday, bought a wreath to match the colors for the front door. I've known her for years and trust her to do her best with what is there.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good luck, Barbara! But you don't really need it because you are aligned with God's will. Thank you for your example of recovery.

Big hugs to you.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me. My personal recovey has been aided so many times by so many of you.

I know all this positive energy, thought and prayer will help me and will lead to the best possible outcome.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good luck! You are doing a great job!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good luck Barb!!!

I stagged my house a lot when I went to sell it. Cookies in the oven, flowers, candles, and enya on the stereo, which showed that each individual room was wired with speakers. I got 2 offers within 24 hours in a bad market.

(((barb)))
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck Barbara, I hope it all goes well for you.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Barbara, it just so happens, I am having an open house on Sunday as well, it's been on the market for 28 days now, no bights yet, oh well, weather here is bad still. I'm facing a short sale, bought too high, market has plundged, I owe more than it's worth etc. etc....I made a big mistake buying a home with an active alcoholic, as you say, I can recover from the smudge on my almost perfect credit score and get away from the insanity of it all. I hope it happens soon for you, I want closure so badly, the divorce is done, now this, and then I'm freegirl, hey, that sounds like a new handle for me!!

Best of luck, prayers and all that stuff, go gettem!

Loreena
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am praying that it sells so you can move on.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Sending positive thoughts your ways Barb!