Choice Making

Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Choice Making

I had to share this today-I really loved how they put this into words about making our own choices!

Choice making

I am an expert sailor-I will chart my own course, set my own sails and reach my goals

A sailboat on the high seas is at the mercy of the waves, the currents, the winds and the weather. The waves can be high, the currents can be strong, the winds can be fierce and the weather unpredictable. Yet an expert sailor can set a course and adjust the sails so that the boat reaches the desired destination.

A child of an alcoholic, I am well aware of the life’s “high winds” and unpredictable weather. I have spent my energies trying to fight the strong currents and the pounding waves, and I have become exhausted and discouraged. It is through recovery that I become an expert sailor. Instead of being destroyed by the events in my life, I too can adjust my sails and allow strong winds to help me reach my destination.

The powerful choices I make determine how I steer my life. When I refuse to make healthy choices, I wander off course and become overwhelmed by life’s circumstances. Yes, I am powerless over the elements, but not impotent.

I take this moment to appreciate my God-given ability to steer my life in desirable ways. No matter what faces me, my choices can lead me to a better place.

Book-"For Adult Children of Alcoholics"
April 3

Daily Affirmations
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The powerful choices I make determine how I steer my life. When I refuse to make healthy choices, I wander off course and become overwhelmed by life’s circumstances. Yes, I am powerless over the elements, but not impotent.

I take this moment to appreciate my God-given ability to steer my life in desirable ways. No matter what faces me, my choices can lead me to a better place.

Amen!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Rella.

Thinking of you.