Trying to stay strong (bit of an update)

Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to stay strong (bit of an update)

Well I thought that it was time a gave a bit of an update on my situation. Last time I posted I was saying that I had broke up with my 21 year old alcoholic boyfriend, and was saying how he had left. Well he only left for one night and then I took him back again, which was a big mistake and a waste of time. The main reason I took him back was because of my need for sex, I had no idea my need for it was so strong. I did an online test for sex addiction and I scored quite high, I also did a test for codependency which I scored extremely high. But it is defiantly over this time. The last two nights he has been at his dads, so it still hasn’t been long and I am trying very hard to stay strong and to not give in. I am missing the company and the sex, its so hard to not give in. I need some words of encouragement and tips and ideas on how to keep my mind off him and to not give in again
Old 03-31-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sex is no reason to stay in a torturous relationship. I can relate to what you are saying because sex was probably the only problem I didn't have with my xabf. Sure I miss the sex, but I don't miss being treated like crap or being treated like an unpaid hooker because that's likely how he saw it anyway. You are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. Do you really need sex with him so bad that you are willing to toss yourself away and give in to him to get it?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there Undertheweather
It's hard to let go of someone....even when they aren't good for you. Sex does not equal love.....but it is best with someone that you do love.

How to keep your mind off him? Turn your mind toward YOU!! Do something really nice for yourself. Keep yourself very busy. The busier you are, the less time you'll have to obsess over him.

gentle hugs
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are 12 step programs for sex addicts I've heard. You might want to check that out along with AlAnon.