For you Prodigal & FD

Old 03-28-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Talking For you Prodigal & FD

So what is it that you are doing fun for YOU this weekend? What events are coming up for anyone now that Spring is finally here?

I'll start:

Staying in with my roommates to watch the Red Sox tonight. I'm going out with friends for one's birthday tomorrow night and Sunday the girls have softball practice!! Boy do we need it!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Humm, let's see. I've got three Netflix waiting by my DVD player, so it will be movie night tonight. Tomorrow morning, my new deck furniture is being delivered. Can't wait for that! Then on Sunday my daughter and I will be meeting three very fine looking men (one for each of us, plus a spare--how convenient) at a local sandwich shop to discuss a new computer game we're helping them create.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for the post Heather, great idea!

I'm taking my GF on a motorcycle ride tonight, we'll stop for music and dancing somewhere.

Tomorrow it's AA meetings, then GF and I might cook dinner together, watch a movie, I'll visit with my Dad in the afternoon.

Sunday we're going to a baby pageant. Sounds kinda interesting! Should be a fun weekend!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going to some event and the Natural History museum tonight. I guess they do this every month, but it's the first time I'm going. Tomorrow (no work, God willing!) I'm going to color my friend's hair and go to the dog park with her dog. Sunday...al-anon. I'm the new literature person!!! Then relax and ramp up for a busy week!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i'm going away to a spa this weekend for a much needed massage and facial! i'm also looking forward to reading a book that i've been dying to read but haven't had any time!

great thread, heather!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fun will have to take a backseat for me this weekend. I have an office memorandum project I have to complete for my Advanced Legal Writing course. I will sitting in front of the computer screen until my eyes fog over!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry Prodigal! UGH! I've been there!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

I hope to take a long beach drive and have breakfast out with mr cmc, attend a meeting or two and do some clothes shopping. If there is any time or energy left I'll do yard work and/or some fix-it jobs in the house.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My MIL is in town, so I'll be having coffee with her tomorrow and going to an art sale on Sunday.

Other than that, watching it snow (if the weatherman was right) and wishing I could be out in the garden. Reading my book, finishing a quilt and probably watching a movie, waiting for warmer weather......

Great posting idea! I'm trying to find my hobbies and likes again after too long supplanting them with someone else's. This is a great reminder.

BTW, hbb "Go SOX!"
Old 03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Looks like lotsa homework and report writing for me this weekend.

Possibly house hunting and spending time relaxing as I've been so sick and drained (too much stress).
Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My head exploded in a head cold - man I went DOWN yesterday afternoon. (Wallowing in self-pity right about now )
Luckily it is a free weekend so I am LAYING ON THE COUCH reading novel "Water for Elephants" and have sent my sons to pick up some flix....Heather I Will also catch the SOX!! Go Sox!
Have a great weekend everyone! Take some extra Vitamin C and stay healthy!
Peace,
B.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tonite I am taking care of _me_ and staying home. Health is kind yucky so instead of taking care of other people even at my expense I'm going to stay put, take a nap, poke around here a bit, and go to bed early. Tomorow I go have cofee with one of my best friends, who's also a guy I sponsor. Then I'll got out to lunch with my bestest friend; me That's my "me" time, just me and a good book. No responsibilities, no errands, nobody else to pay attention to. Just me. Then sunday it's my home group. Gotta put me in the ICU to make me miss that one * lol *

Mike
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My weekend started with my children at an Alateen meeting.

Today (saturday) I haven't figured out yet. We will see what happens.

Sunday will be pretty much the same.

Monday children go back to school after spring break YES!!!!!

Tuesday I go back to work.

Couldn't be much more grander than that.