All About Me

Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I am 5' 4". My children are taller then me except the 8 year old. LOL

I enjoy my job - taking school pictures for Lifetouch. I get to work with children which I enjoy and get to be at a different location every day.
Plus, I work 3 months then off 3 months then on again - see the pattern?

During the summer when I'm off you can find me at the beach or the pool - they are just a block away.

Or you can find me in my yard doing some odd thing with my yard. (I've got to ponds to maintain. And my son (12years old) plants a garden that I have to help just a little with.)

I basically enjoy my time watching my children grow up and now with us all in the program we help each other out.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sweetiepie: Here's to twins!!!

I love that you have rats for pets. Living in NYC, I feel sorry for them. They didn't ask to be vermon that everyone runs from. Although yours are probably small, I've mistaken a few for cats around here!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Sweetiepie--My son used to have three rats, and they made the best pets! One lived to be over three. My son and his rat were inseperable...and they're soooo smart!

Gotta love the ratties
Old 03-29-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Aw i've got two rats! there really cute, and always good for freaking out unwanted visitors, i often get "OMG, you have rats...Um i've got to go" hehe.

Oh, i like these games. Well, im 18 (only a wee nipper really) Im about 5'2", mid length brown, extremely curly hair, which turns ginger every now and again.

I live with my parents and my two younger brothers, who are a complete nightmare. I enjoy shopping, football, playing hockey and just meeting up with friends and having a giggle and a gossip. Im currently a student studying health and social care and physchology and when i leave 6th i hope to become a care worker for a year and then intend on going travelling!!

Thats me just about done, i think. its been reallt interesting reading about all of you guys!! xx
Old 03-29-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Such a diverse interesting bunch of people!

Let's see......I'm 49 years old, 5'7", medium build, dark brown hair (except two grey hairs that bug me), and (surprise) very green eyes.

I am on my third career. I've been a stockbroker (in NYC), a banker, and now have owned a business with my husband for the last 17 years. I work out of my house 2 -3 days a week and go into the office the other days. (I LOVE working at home....it's quiet and I get so much done!)

I have two grown children and four dogs (3 greyhounds and a GSD). I have been married to my best friend, soul mate and business partner for 23 years.

I love music......all kinds.....but am partial to classic and alternative rock. I live in the same state as Anvilhead and Lexusgirl (the snow lately has been very very strange). I love where I live.....it's quiet, peaceful and beautiful.

I love to read. I love to learn new things....particularly new computer programs and all things computer.

I'm currently going to a chiropractor for a back problem from doing things that someone my age shouldn't be doing (ATVing and football).

I'll grow up someday.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Do you want to grow up, I sure as hell don't
Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Photo thing not working.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sigh.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

A torpedo-sized croissant is right up my alley. Imagine all the chicken salad I could spread on that baby....
Old 03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Prodigal-the pic was just up like 2 mins ago where did it go?:wtf2
Old 03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

FD - you must have seen my post before I got rid of it. Now I have two extremely short posts that make no sense. See, that's what I get for messing with photobucket. I posted a photo of one of my cats and it was H-U-G-E. Beyond huge. Mammoth. So I still don't know how to post and crop a photo.

And FD - your response to my croissant discussion sounds downright obscene, not to mention NOBODY except you and me knows what the heck you're talking about! LOL!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

lexus, you got a short but sweet look at one of my three cats. I don't think anybody would be up to the challenge of trying to explain how to post a photo. Okay, now I'm just whining about being technically-challenged. I have had a phone call and a detailed email on how to do this.

Maybe I'll just go back to my law project ...
Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I did see your cat! Very exotic looking and so cute!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello all, im 41,. 5ft 3 and shrinking, forgotten what colour my hair really is but at the moment it's brown and blondeish. A single mum to two beautiful girls aged 16 and 8 and a cat called Pickles.

Started out with nothing, worked hard and now own my house, have car and a good job with the Health and Safety team.

I think im the only welshy here at SR? i live on an island called Anglesey im surrounded by beautiful beaches and have the Snowdonia mountain range on my doorstep Ahhh Lovely. I have never been to America but it' s high up on my list of things to do before i get to 50. Me and the girls are off to Italy in August it will be our first holiday abroad together and we are all so excited.

I like gardening but im not very good at it and nothing lives for long, this year im going to grow chilies and peppers (i'll let you know if they survive.)

Whilst im here just want to say "Dwi yn caru chi gyd" "I love you all" in welsh.

Mair xx
Old 03-29-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I love Wales, such a lovely place especially Snowdonia. I'll be in Dolgellau for a few days this summer, its my fave place to go horse riding, in the hills overlooking the Maldawch estuary, my favourite place in the world to be.

You are very lucky to have so much beauty on your doorstep.

As for the language, I've got as far as caws, merched, cader and ysgol :rof
Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sweetiepie im impressed with your welsh , i havent been horse riding for years, and yes i am so lucky, you should venture on the island if you get a chance it's about an hours drive from Dolgellau fantastic beaches.

Mair xx
Old 03-29-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Not enough to hold a conversation but saves the embarassment of walking into the gents.

I might just have to check out your beaches. My mum is taking my boys on holiday for 2 weeks in their summer holidays with my brother and I'm popping up for a long weekend.

I took them on a "great little trains of Wales" holiday the other year, little boys and steam trains, it was about as close to perfect as it could have got for them
Old 03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

Hi all. I will be 46 shortly....wow! I have a 21 year old daughter and my 3 1/2 year old "little big man". He takes after me...I am 5'11' with blond hair and blue eyes. I am office manager and National Sales Manager for our company.

Along with my codie-ness(which I am working on!), I am a caring and loving friend to all I know. My life and world are my children. I love to read almost anything, but mostly, I just "play toys" with the little man and keep working on my recovery right now.

What a cool thread....can I say to all of you, it is very nice knowing you better!!?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Survivor

Hello Everyone!

I think it is safe to say that I look VERY different from all of you. Here is a picture:

I am 23 years old. I am only 5'2" (and 3/4) and I weigh about 140 pounds. I graduated from a 4 year university in 2006 with a double major in History and Education. Now I am starting all over again and I am going into Nursing. I love taking care of people. I am currently a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) and I love it! I was working at BlueCross BlueShield for a year and a half after I graduated and then I realized I wanted to be a nurse and decided to quite my job, did a six week unpaid training program, and now I am a CNA.

I have plans to get an associates degree in nursing. Right now I am very focused on saving money for school. The 6 weeks of unpaid training put me a bit behind with my bills and in just two weeks I will be all caught up and I will begin to save up, build up my savings accounts, build up my credit score, and go to school! I am glad that I will be gaining experience in the nursing field while I prepare to go back.

I actually live with my man. The term 'boyfriend' is a bit awkward for me too, he is so much more than that. He has really been helping me with my recovery and together we are developing and growing into better people everyday. I love our discussions about spirituality and life. We met on myspace January 2007 and he moved in with me in September 2007. We are both satisfied, happy, and comfortable in our relationship.

I am a pescatarian. This means the only flesh I eat is fish and I am thinking about dropping that too. I would like to exercise and be more active but I am not pushing myself hard enough. I have been very stressed financially lately. Thankfully the light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel in that department.

I read A LOT. Reading is extremely connected to my spiritual development. Books have literally changed my life. I also enjoy surfing the web, talking to friends, watching TV, listening to music, and I am VERY interested in learning how to belly dance, salsa, and African dance. I am looking forward to getting some videos and learning in the near future.

Thanks for sharing everyone! Group Hug! :ghug2

~Def

Last edited by DefofLov; 03-31-2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I've been sick all week end and this is a wonderful thread to come back to. Its so good to get a better picture of people in my head.

As for me, I'm 53, 5' 8" or so (I'm shriking with age it seems) over weight but down 35+ pounds from a year ago. I'm beginning to feel comfortable in my skin, physically as well as emotionally.

I have 2 bachelor's degrees in Pychology and Computer Science and most of a Master's in Information Science. I had one career as an investigator at EEOC and am now in career 2 as a computer person for the past 20 years. I am now a technical writer for one of the biggest computer companies in the world and absolutely love my work. I am writing for a software that actually makes differences in peoples' lives since it is a medical software that allows docs and other medical staff to have instant access to everything available about a patient. Its great to be working on something that can actually save lives.

I have 2 sons, 23 and 18. Both are in college. The 23 YO is premed and has 1 year left as an undergraduate. He'll be taking the GMAT soon. I think he'll be a wonderful doctor someday. The 18 YO is in his first year and who knows what he'll decide yet. He sure doesn't. But that is ok. He's young. And he has the added challenge of being bipolar. He's doing great thanks to the help of a wonderful therapist and finding the right med mix for him. He lives with me as he isn't ready to go off on his own or off to university but I will continue to push him out the door and on his own as time goes by.

I have been focusing over the past year on me and my spiritual journey. My faith in God has deepened and become an absolute joy in my life. I am currently church shopping because of a number of reasons, largely centering around the pastor at my former church. I know that God is leading me and I will continue to grow in my faith and understanding.

I'm happy to be living in a nice apartment and have made Live Simply one of my mottos. Its been so liberating to let go of all the trappings of a societally defined sucessful life.

I currently have 4 cats, little miscreants all. I can't imagine living without furry friends around me. In the past we have also had rodents, lizards, and snakes as pets. The snakes were cool. The neighborhood kids loved to come over on feeding days (the snakes were a boa and a python).

Hobbies are counted cross stitch and reading primarily. I'm hoping to get myself more physically active as the weather turns nicer. I think that's one area I have neglected for way too long.

I see myself as redefining who I am. That means lots of thinks in my emotional and spiritual development. But it also applies to the outer me too. I keep changing hairstyles but none of them seem to be me yet. Hair color is subject to change although is always some shade of blond.

That's me in a nutshell. A work in progress.