A little vent...

Old 03-28-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little vent...

The thought occurred to me last night, we talk about walking on eggshells, biting our tongues. The exabpgf has two children, a 6 year old and 8 year old. She was having another row with her best girlfriend/drinking drugging buddy, the other had been screaming at her that she was a 'bad mother'. When she asked for my opinion, I either lied or ignored the obvious.

She takes the kids for their weekend visitation with the ex, they scream and cry that they don't want to go, the ex's method of getting her to stop drinking was to get physical, scream, throw things, naturally the kids are more afraid of him than anything else, at best he simply ignores them for the most part, sets them down in front of the tv.

What I should have said, and I know it probably wouldn't have made a difference, is that you dump the kids at the exs' SO THAT YOU CAN GO OUT AND PARTY. What kind of fit mother does that? I know, it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but when I had the opportunity I should have said something.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

IMHO you stated it already...."you should have said something although it would not have done any good-"

It actually would have done you good and that is what it is about! I have learned that when I feel that I want to say something-I say it instead of allowing it to eat me up inside-At least I got it out although the result may not be what I wanted it to be.

We cannot change them, we can only change ourselves-