Felling dummpy

Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Felling dummpy

Well it's one of those days, feeling lonely and missing my ex, our aniversary is April 4 so I guess that says it all, my head is going back to the good ol days.

I miss having someone, I don't do this alone thing very well... don't get me wrong, life is good the kids are good, everything right on track for me.

I just miss having a man to hold me. My man.
He is with someone else, why is it so easy for him?

No, no, no......... crap, I'm sad
Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry the sadness has hit. It does for me now and then too. I just accept that I am still mourning what I thought I had and it always passes.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Kermit))))

I still have those days, no matter how much I know that I'm better off without my XABF. He used to sing to me all the time, and any time I hear one of the songs he same to me, it still hurts.

We're only human, and I think we just go through times when we want to be held. Fortunately, the feelings usually pass.

No great words of advice...just wanted you to know you're not alone!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agree all around. These days happen. For me too. I long for my man physically (not even in a sexual way)......on a regular basis. I miss kissing him.

Someday.....when it is right, it will be someone else. That is always an exciting thought. Someday.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

(((((((Kermit))))))))

I'm sorry you're feeling down...It's a grieving process we all go through. Each day brings a new emotion. Time does heal a lot tho!!

Yup like caroline said...someday when the time is right, there will be someone else....:ghug3
Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I may take a little heat for this but quite frankly I don't think its particulary helpful to always say there will be someone else. There very well may not be someone else. That doesn't have to be a bad fate either. Accepting life as it is and as it comes seems much better to me. I am not going to hinge my personal happiness on the possible appearance of another man in my life. I am going to make my life as happy and fulfiling as can be whether there is a man in my life or not. I am not going to tell myself someday I will find happiness/feel better/reach nirvana because someday I will find another man.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You all are great, thanks, but I still don't think I will ever date again.... My heart was so broken there is no way I'm giving anyone else the chance/
Barb... I'm okay with your thoughts, I too want to be happy with out a man, besides if you think about it I got two little men!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((kermit)))
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

It will get better honey..

A hug for ya!! :ghug3
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((Barbara52))

I actually agree with you. I am learning to enjoy my life all by myself (with my friends, family and furbabies, of course). If someone comes along that ADDS to my life, then so be it. If they don't, I will be okay.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It may not really be so easy for him. Not for you to figure out, though.

What's going great for you these days? ((Kermit))
Look at the progress you've made in a short time!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here's another perspective: I'm still living with AH as we move through the divorce process. He doesn't want to get divorced, but he's equally unwilling to work any kind of recovery program. I'm not willing to continue riding the roller-coaster, so we're at a stalemate.

He often sings, tries (successfully) to hug me, etc. It's sad, but it's empty. Those moments don't carry any of the hope or meaning they used to when he was sober, committed, and working his program. The fact that I'm no longer in denial about the emptiness of his promises and the inevitable future progression of his drinking takes all the "fun" out of those small, seemingly connected moments as well.

I don't know if it would be easier if he were living somewhere else right now. I think I might be more apt to slip into the "good 'ol days thinking" and minimize reality if he weren't around every day. There's always some part of our daily interaction that reminds me of why the relationship is over and could never work without his sobriety.

Either way, Kermit, it's sad and it sucks. I've just got to believe that I'll get a much better return on my investment in myself over the long term, than continuing to put it into him.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree with you on this DetachMe. As soon as I said I'm done to xabf, he started drinking more and more. This just justifies my decision to leave all the more. I guess some sort of validation that I knew things wouldn't change.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Whenever I start longing for something in the past, or something that might happen in the future, it's a sure sign that I'm not living in the present. Remembering all I have to be grateful for RIGHT NOW is the best way I know to get back to the present moment.

L
Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I may take a little heat for this but quite frankly I don't think its particulary helpful to always say there will be someone else. There very well may not be someone else. That doesn't have to be a bad fate either. Accepting life as it is and as it comes seems much better to me. I am not going to hinge my personal happiness on the possible appearance of another man in my life. I am going to make my life as happy and fulfiling as can be whether there is a man in my life or not. I am not going to tell myself someday I will find happiness/feel better/reach nirvana because someday I will find another man.
B.....No heat.....you are absolutely right. My response of 'someday there will be someone else'......is just that, someday there will be. Absolutely. Doesn't mean your happiness should sit and wait for this to happen. I've never been an 'I need a man in order to be happy' type of gal.

But, the truth of the matter is that when you ARE indeed happy with yourself, happy in your life just as it is.........you attract the world, and for someone who is a hopeless romantic like me, it will just come to you. And....whether you seek it or not......loving and being loved by someone is a beautiful thing as well as loving and being loved by YOURSELF.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy and proud of my achievments so far. As far as being with someone else some day. Who knows, but right now I don't care, I just want to be. I have been enjoying things that I didn't get to do when married, like see bands that I love and getting to know my best friend from childhood again, she is married with two boys, we do allot together, it is great, I missed her and the truth parenting is easier now with out him always just handing over money to buy this or go there, we have more fun hanging out at home, parks ect,, There are way more +'s than -'s to this divorce, just miss being married I guess "the dream" still gets me down sometimes...
Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I wanted to clarify that my response was more along the lines of...Yes, life moves on and someday, somewhere, someone better is out there to treat you good and love you for you.

It wasn't meant as a cure all answer...just thrown out there. To each is own.

I'm not saying every women needs a man to complete her; I have raised my son alone and if his A father had been in the picture I would have been raising two kids...

Last edited by lexusgirl; 03-27-2008 at 01:35 PM.