It's time

Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

It's time

Well.... I took the day off yesterday and because I was home when the mail came...... I got to look at his bank statement before he could shred it. This is the account he has at a credit union that I am not on.

I had felt sick when I realized how much he had gambled out of our joint account but that was nothing compared to this account. Between the two accounts he managed to take $5500.00 in ATM's. Most of that was a settlement he got so it was not out of the pay check BUT.... When the settlement runs out you know what will happen.

I will be seeing my counceler this Thursday and an Atterney on Monday. In the mean time, I plan to confront him and tell him I can not and will not live like this. Either he stops and gets help withe the drinking and gambling or I want a divorce. No if's and's or but's. Done.

Don't worry, I wont get my hopes up because I know he wont just say yes. As a matter of fact he will most likely get pissed off and say do what you think it right and then try to guilt me somehow.

All I can say is please pray for me. That I can stay strong and follow through.
D
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

(((((((((lostnfound)))))))))

I think you're making a very brave and bold move. My thoughts and prayers will be with you...

Take care of yourself
Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostnfound1961 View Post

I will be seeing my counceler this Thursday and an Atterney on Monday. In the mean time, I plan to confront him and tell him I can not and will not live like this. Either he stops and gets help withe the drinking and gambling or I want a divorce. No if's and's or but's. Done.

Don't worry, I wont get my hopes up because I know he wont just say yes. As a matter of fact he will most likely get pissed off and say do what you think it right and then try to guilt me somehow.

All I can say is please pray for me. That I can stay strong and follow through.
Just a thought--you could wait until after you talk to the attorney and counselor to confront him. If you are worried about staying strong, the more help and information you have, the stronger you will feel.

L
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

La, I think your right. I will talk to her first and then talk to him. You are always so much help!!! Thanks to all of you for being there.
Hugs
D