How much would it take to give away your child?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi again, everyone. Yesterday I went to his therapist, with him there, and told them both I was choosing to have no involvement in therapy with him, that the issues between us would just have to be resolved in court, as I have no trust and he has no desire to get honest.

He has had one previous session only with this guy and boy, he must have layed on the victimhood sham, as the doctor asked me if Ex could visit our son. Huh??? Since when did he become his advocate?

I said of course he does, he has a court order allowing that, HOWEVER..................

the court has also issued an order giving my son the legal right to choose if he wants visitation with his father. Being 16, he is old enough to determine who he chooses to associate with. So, I tell the doctor, given the face that this man abaondoned him 3 years ago, lies, betrays him, my son chooses not to see his father.

Seems they didnt like that answer. I just wonder.....if my ex had sexually or physically assaulted my son, probably no doctor in the world would encourage visitation, but when the abuse is emotional as in alcoholic abandonment, its less significant and should just kinda be swept under the rug.

Luckily, I have a judge who says not so.