Update, HELP & Need Some Advice

Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Update, HELP & Need Some Advice

As most of you know I left my Soon to be XAH on Dec. 13, 2007. Divorce should have been final at the end of February 2008.

I made the most money in this relationship and therefore carried health insurance on him & our child. He is now refusing to sign the divorce papers, (FYI I'm not asking for anything except child support which is hardly nothing) I have $6.00 a week to feed, cloth etc. our child. Got fired on February 29, 2008 for attendence problems (he say's boss was cutting back, I DO know different) & claims he is going to file bankruptcy. ,

Help guys, my lawyer says not to worry, I told Lawyer I want divorce & want it now! What the crap.... Anyone else had to deal with this. He is doing everything possible to delay the divorce.. Should I be nicer anyone, anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Christin
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont know what state you are in, but here in Fl, you dont need his signature to divorce him. You do need to agree to a settlement and if he wont agree, it goes to trial. Let the legal system process it in the time its supposed to. Stop talking to him, he is using his best manipulative skills to scare you...and it seems to be working.

Your attorney is your advocate, listen to him/her and no one else.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Miss Pink, I'm only talking to him about our son. He blows in the BS as I'm hanging up the phone on him. My lawyer is putting some heat on him & has informed his lawyer to tell her client to quit harrassing me. I'm in KY by the way. Also I asked my lawyer about cutting off all contact & that's not allowed because we have a child. Also, here in KY they don't give a crap about the children. He can drink & do basically whatever he wants with him during his vistation time with him.

I was just wandering if anyone else has been through this & what else I could be doing? ,
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

He can drink & do basically whatever he wants with him during his vistation time with him.
Maybe in divorce court but not with Child Protection Services.

Call CPS and request that they do a check or two when he has visitation, UNANNOUNCED checks............................................ ...they have the authority to recommend and demand 'supervised visitation' from the court.

It won't hurt to have CPS on your side at all.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Laurie. I will look into that.

At the required by law parenting class you have to take. They recommend not doing that because the father or mother will be give 1 to 2 days notice before they come out. Meaning they will have time to get rid of all drugs alcohol etc. Another great KY LAW....
Old 03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Christin,
Whoohoo!!! you are getting out, I am so happy for you and proud of you too! You do not have to have contact with him. You can set it up where he picks your son up at a third parties house and communication about your son can be e-mail only, hit delete if it is not totally only about your son. He is trying to exercise this last little bit of control by not signing, let the attorney handle it, but more importantly do not let him know that this is affecting you in any way, believe me that is the reward he is looking for, to still be able to get you to react. Tell him it is no rush, act as if it is just the piece of paper that it is, this will get you the results you want. Also, please spend this time healing, finding out how you ended up choosing him to begin with, or , God forbid you could end up choosing another just like him.You are not doing a life sentence just because you have a son with him, set things up so that you do not have to have any contact with him physically, and bare minimum e-mails concerning your son. Also, without talking negatively about his dad, or pumping him for info, keep a very open dialogue with your son about what goes on, drinking wise while your son is with his dad. Teach him that if Dad has been drinking, and wants him to get in the car to call you.He deserves to be safe, and also teach him that dad's drinking has nothing to do with him and educate him starting as this young age about alcohol and it's effects. I am soooooooo happy you have taken this first step in having the life you and your son deserve. We are here for you and care alot, and most importantly, we have been where you are and truly know how you feel, I hope it helps, keep coming back!!!!!!!!!