Today the sadness has grabbed me

Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Gentle hugs to you Barbara......I'm sorry that you are hurting today.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

((((Barb)))) So sorry your going through this right now.

If I'm not mistaken, you and i came there the same week :ghug3 and for you I am thankful. You've been so strong and such an asset to this site, your words, your compassion and loving ways. I just hope you know how much we all care and hope you are feeling better soon.

You have such a great attitude even when things get rocky. Big hugs to you and just remember, things have a way of working out in the end, I'm convinced of it!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just dumped the full responsibility for painting and repairs in the house in AH's lap. He is now goign to be the only one responsible fi the work doesn't get done and the house doesn't sell or goes into foreclosure. I hahve done what I can but will not let him foist his responsibilities on me.

I am also going to meet with our pastor and let him know what the situation is. Perhaps he will try to reach out to AH and help him deal with reality. Perhaps not. But that is the limit of what I can do.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh Barbara so sorry, I am in the exact same situation right now, the AH is gone, living in a sleazy efficiency at a motel down the road, and here i am stuck with this 300k house and the market is slow, I too fear foreclosure but I know I'm not alone, I feel such a sense of peace and belonging here, I wish I could give you a big hug. I feel sad too, this is the saddest disease in the world, that is all we do it seems, feel sad. I'm ready to not be a victim anymore and it sounds like you are on your way to being independent and happy again. I am thinking about you. you are not alone, thanks for sharing, made my day. Take care of yourself, eat well, try to rest and find some inner peace. Re-read some of "Codependent no more" and that will make you KNOW you did the right thing!

Loreena
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Barb you are doing great

And my home to went into forclosure it took me awhile to get over but, "if I knew now what I knew back then" and it appears you do know-I would be happy that I have my life because material things are just that-

I have since made a new life for me....I have not bought a new home as of yet but, in time I will.

Barb you astound me with your posts-Hang in there
Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
that is the limit of what I can do.
Knowing that limit is the very most important thing. (((((Barbara)))))

L
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Barbara (((()))) to you, your an increadable woman.

Mair
Old 03-03-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Mair, but there's nothing incredible about me. Really. Anyone who works at this the way I ahve can do the same things.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

B52- I am sorry for your struggle. It sounds like you are being strong with your AH- but feeling the sadness too. You do inspire me- and as you can see- a lot of us. I am also dealing with the housing issue- trying to decide if I should borrow money to stay in the house a while longer so I can fix it up and sell-hoping the market gets better, or bailing out soon regardless of how it all turns out financially. It's scary stuff, but I can only do one thing at a time. It helps me to see how others- including you- are handling things.

The sadness overwhelmed me over the weekend too- my chest hurts today from crying. I don't feel alone, though. Thank you for posting- and take care.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Barbara: As you know, I have nothing but respect for you and your journey. Each piece of your struggle has been a small mountain of patience and detachment; I remember you just trying to keep him insured last fall so that he wouldn't destroy you financially if something awful happened.

I, too, am just unbelievably sad today. Trying to make it through the day at work, but I think I'm going to have to leave. I haven't had a major cry for over a week, and I'm overdue. I guess I have to remember that just because it's sad doesn't mean it's the wrong decision.

Take care.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for acknowledging your pain and doing all the hard work necessary for recovery. You have what it takes.

*Big hugs*
Old 03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, Barbara. Your hard work at recovery is paying off.

Your story reminded me of my sister, who I watched slide lower and lower and lower, become homeless, then lose her life. The only thing I had in my power to do was to tell her that I loved her. And I did, as often as I could.

The only things in your power is to be fair, be clear, and keep on that steady road to happiness. We're all here for you if you need us.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Barb, hope you had a better Monday. It's so interesting reading all the posts here since many of us are tethered by these houses. Someone said to me today, "You are so brave," but it gets to a point where there's nothing else you can do but move forward. I have movers coming tomorrow to give me estimates - and I'm putting the place up on the 15th, crossing my fingers. Had two people from down south call me today about possible jobs when I finally get back down there - am so looking forward to being home!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I am 100% convinced that you will land on your feet and thrive. You are independent and strong. In every post, it shows.