After 16 months things are winding down and it's about over.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After 16 months things are winding down and it's about over.

I won't go into details... She is moving out though, we cannot live under the same roof anymore. I'm dealing with 2 different personalities... This thing is a beast and when people tell you to run, they know what they're talking about. I never wanted to believe it. Believed if we would go to church that might help. Nothing helps... You have to say no and mean it. Set the boundaries and do not let them cross them... Easy to say now. I was going down with a sinking ship and it's time to jump off.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

2 car wrecks in the last month due to alcohol. This time the vehicle was totaled. Careflight came and she refused to go because she didn't want to get arrested.. A rich friend came and got her and the cops released her. I guess they really can be paid off. Of course she could be lying again about that. Still, she will not stop drinking. Shes been threatening suicide almost daily. Left a message on her phone saying she'd be dead when I got home. I took it seriously, the police heard the message, found her home alive and left.. I've done all I can do. She may read this board so I'm not gonna try to get her committed or she'll retaliate.... I pray that she gets help.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you are going through this pain

my prayers and good thoughts go out to you

shakarris
Old 03-01-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Knowing when to hang in there and when to give up is one of the most difficult choices we face. Only you know when you have reached your limit. My heart goes out to you. We all feel your pain.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((sad #3)))))

We have been there and will continue to be here for you.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sad (()) so glad you jumped off that ship, now you have your life to look forward to. Take extra special care of you.

Mair xxx
Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
up and out

Sad you've truly done everything you can for her. Now all you can do is protect yourself. You do not have to go down in her sinking ship. It is so difficult to see those we care about destroy themselves. For me, the lines were blurry and it was hard for me to know when I was helping and when I was enabling. On this board I read that when you do things for someone that they can do for themselves is when you know you're enabling.

She's a grown woman who is capable of making her own decisions which includes weather or not she takes her life. Alcoholism is a form of suicide, just a slower form. All self-destructive behavior is.....just a slower form of suicide.

Much love to you....and to her. Take care of you no matter what.