AH just got hit with a 30-day unpaid suspension

Old 02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH just got hit with a 30-day unpaid suspension

Well, it should be quite interesting to see how he comes up with the mortgage this month, not to mention all the other bills. He was offered a job with the Dept. of the Navy here, but I guess his start date won't be 3/10 as we anticipated.

Soooo .... for the next 30 days I'll get to witness him drink himself looney. Things should become even more interesting when the Navy finds out he cannot start work until 3/31. They may rescind the job offer.

I guess I'm posting this just to let some of you consider how long you have wished and hoped the person you loved would come to their senses and seek sobriety. The reality is, many A's are not going to stop drinking. Never. No matter what the consequences.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good to see you around, Prod. Sorry to hear you're still living with and witnessing the insanity, though.

L
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

**{prodigal}}

Its never ending, the way they continue down their path to destruction.

We however can change our path. Remember that.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

never underestimate the power of GOD, darling.

Either God is, or he isnt....This could be a miracle in the making....and it just hasnt revealed itself to you.

If you need faith, I will give you all of mine....cus I have faith it will return to me. Hang in there, love.....you are not alone.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pink, I thank you for caring enough to give me your faith. God is working even though I have NO idea what exactly he's doing. Personally, I think he is turning up the heat in the furnace in order to get me to move out of this madhouse. Let God deal with AH; it is not my responsibility or business to deal with his insanity any longer.

Living with an A who has absolutely no intention of laying off the booze is a recipe for disaster. Hey, he has 30 days to sit around the house. If he seeks sobriety, great. If he goes on a massive bender, which I assume he will, I'm gone.

And I don't have to worry about what I shall eat or drink. I have never been left without a roof over my head and food on my table.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

I remember when my dad lost his job...this disease is progressive...I thought he would see a sober day...he didn't and passed away...this disease...I hate it thoroughly...there is hope for me and you...we can grow and change...there is hope for us...the promise of a brand new day with no mistakes in it yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just a note to say Im praying for you Hon.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
The reality is, many A's are not going to stop drinking. Never. No matter what the consequences.
This could very well be true. But it ain't over, till it's over. None of us knows what tomorrow will bring. One night, just like every other night for more than 20 years, I went to bed. The next day I woke up, just like usual. But what happened that day was most unusual. After some crashing-down-around-him events, my AH decided to get sober. That was one year ago. Never in a million years did I expect this to happen. So... chin up. It ain't over, till it's over.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When my AH lost his job it truly was the beginning of the end. All the time in the world to do as he pleased. I worked 2 jobs while he slept or was drunk. I guess it was meant to be,because all that time on his hands sent him to jail for his poor choices. Today my children and I are rebuilding our lives,some days are not easy,but I would never trade them for going back to that insanity. Once I was on the outside looking in, I am able to see how destructive my life was. I am filing for divorce and starting a life over FOR ME YEA!!!! I have been with this man since I was 16 years old,now at 41 to begin again,it's every emotion flying around in my head.I am excited about life again,looking forward to what will be for these awesome kids and myself.God Bless and take care....
Old 02-29-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sometimes we turn up the heat on the Lord, and sometimes He turns up the heat on us. When the temperature gets way beyond my comfort level, it usually gets my attention and I take action. How did that old saying go: "If you can't stand the heat, step away from the alcoholic."

You can do this.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey there Prodie You're in my prayers every day. I'm not on here much due to my health, but I'm on the HP's tush all the time to look after all us alanoids, and you too.

Mike ((( hugs ))))
Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's been a long hard road for y'all
Mega Hugs and Prayers

(+) (+) (+)
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

gentle hugs to you Prodigal.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Prodigal.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Prodigal)))
Old 03-01-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you

keep strong

shakarris
Old 03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Prod, sorry to hear things have not changed for you. I will keep you and your spouse in my prayers today. I know God will let you know when it is truly time to make some changes. I know he will also give you the strength as well. You helped me so much when I first started coming here. Are you still in school? Are you working? How is your knee? Maybe you can start concentrating on you again? Take care and hope you will find peace and contentment soon.