My Strengths

Old 02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Strengths

I meant to post this sooner.

I was reading from Melody Beattie "The Language of Letting Go" on Feb 17th and a quote of hers is the following; "What is more freeing than to laugh at our weaknesses and to be grateful for our strengths?" To know the entire package called "us" - with all of our feelings, thoughts, tendencies, and history is worthy of acceptance, and brings healing feelings"

This is quite a revelation since I just completed a leadership retreat at work in which we completed the Strengths Finder assessment. Can anyone guess what my strengths were? My top strengths were ARRANGER (flexibility and tolerance) and RESPONSIBILITY. WOW. Surprises anyone? LOL.

I think it is my wakeup call to see my strengths for what they are, and to put them into use in a more positive way. I have been way too flexible and responsible for my AH's behavior and life.

It is time for me to be more responsible for my own life.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by daisies View Post
I meant to post this sooner.
laugh at our weaknesses and to be grateful for our strengths?" To know the entire package called "us" - with all of our feelings, thoughts, tendencies, and history is worthy of acceptance, and brings healing feelings"
Thanks daisies!
I use to worry about what people thought of me. You know, do they like me, what dont they like. Amazing, I now know this is because I was never told either, as a child by my parents.
I can laugh at my weaknesses but I still need to work on being grateful for my strengths. Lack of confidence? Not sure, still working on that. I am a strong person in many aspects of my life (work, all aspects really, except one doubt, am I coming across too strong to men, does that put them off) I guess it doesnt matter, I just get curious sometimes.

How do you accept the whole package?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I still struggle with trying to please...too many and too much. It is great to think about it in terms of my strengths and weaknesses (thank you so much daisy). Sometimes my strengths are weaknesses and vice versa...I just have to focus on the balance and how they affect me personally!

hugs
g