OT ~ Survived Friday Night!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Thumbs up OT ~ Survived Friday Night!!!

Hey all, hope you are all doing ok.

Well i survived my date Friday, despite having to leave, go to the airport, pick up my parents in a blizzard then meet up with him after that!!! Luckily it was a double date so it wasn't that bad!! With all the confusion i wasn't nervous which is wicked weird and a good thing for me!! It was weird, because in my head there were a couple of times i was comparing him to J but just a couple. And i wasn't even sad about J and really haven't given him much thought since Fri. If nothing else, that date may have been what i needed to push me a few steps further along. The outcome was so different and nice to be out with someone that i didn't fear was going to jump off a bridge like my first night out with the exA.

I think it's a sign..........he drives the same as me, a jeep wrangler, maroon! LoL, thought that was funny!!!! But his is the new 4 door much better one than mine...but how weird is that !!

Bottom line, we had fun, i laughed, smiled, talked a lot (not that that's hard to do) and genuinely had a great time!!!

We are going to a concert tonight, should be fun
Old 02-25-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 02-25-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Good to hear, Heather! Enjoy the concert tonight!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothing like potential new romance to put things in perspective. Good for you.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awwww, you are just too cute, Heather! I love the matching jeeps, too What a great date for tonight---a concert! Have fun.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

nice, heather! i found what really helped me move on was going out on dates with new people, and even meeting new friends. it helped keep my mind occupied! have fun at the concert!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsGolightly View Post
nice, heather! i found what really helped me move on was going out on dates with new people, and even meeting new friends. it helped keep my mind occupied! have fun at the concert!!
For me they are one and the same. It always starts out as friends. Sometimes it becomes more, but if they aren't good "friend" material, they aren't good "date" material. Maybe it's just my age, lol.

Have a great time at the concert Heather.

L
Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Good morning!

The concert was alot of fun. For some of you that may know the story, it was a tribute concert for the Station fire in Rhode Island where 100 lives were lost. It was rock and country coming together for the friends and families of the ones that past away. It really was amazing.

I don't know if i'm overly cautious but i COULD see a couple of potential red flags. Not going to worry yet because it's new but we'll see. At least i know that life can and will go on! Thanks for the well wishes, it means alot to me!

p.s. Tesla ROCKED lol!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Hi Heather, just wanted to jump on this thread to say I'm really glad you have had a good time!

Love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-26-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You say you haven't thought much of J since Friday, yet his name came up twice in a post about your date. Just an observation....
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I know what you mean, couple of comparisons, but he truly isn't there much, i had fun!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm glad you had a great time. You deserve it.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
I don't know if i'm overly cautious but i COULD see a couple of potential red flags. Not going to worry yet because it's new but we'll see.
I shocked myself when I got back out in the dating world at how easy it was to rationalize and justify red flags. Do not ignore them Heather. I found myself slipping right back in to my old behaviors and it really scared me when I realized what I was doing. Pay attention to your instincts, they will not steer you wrong.

L
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

LTD ~ Yup, i agree with you. I was talking to my girlfriend on the way home (who was drinking, i had not been) telling here that i'm NOT about to go down the same road. It was too hard then and now to go through it again. I think i would give it a one on one shot to see who he is but I definitely have my guard up which is a first lol!!! But i agree, there are a billion guys out there that don't share these characteristics. Thanks for reminding me
Old 02-26-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by hbb View Post
p.s. Tesla ROCKED lol!!!!
Glad you had a good time Heather, thought I'd post these lyrics from Tesla!

"Love Song" as recorded by
Tesla
So you think that it's
over, say your love has
finally reached the
end
Anytime you call night
or day I'll be right
there for you
If you need a friend
It's gonna take a little time
Time is sure to mend
your broken heart
Don't you even worry
Pretty darlin'
I know you'll find love again

[ Chorus: ]
Yeah love is all around you
Love is knocking outside the
door
Waitin' for you Is
this love made just
for two
Keep an open heart and
you'll find love again
I know you'll find love again

[ Chorus: ]

[ SOLO: ]
Love will find a way
Darlin' love is gonna find a way
Find it's way back to you
Love will find a way
So look around
Open your eyes
Love is gonna find a way
Love is gonna
Love is gonna find a way
Love will find a way
Love's gonna find a way
Back to you yeah
I know
I know
I know
I know
Old 02-26-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Heather,
I'm proud of you. Maybe this guy is yet another alcoholic, maybe he was just nervous, maybe he is a GREAT guy. The stride you have taken though, is that you recognize some things. Your radar is working, and that's what matters right now. As long as you two aren't taking a secret trip to Vegas this weekend, you're fine. Have fun. Keep your wits about you and if someone else asks you out, go. You have learned so much and are doing fine. Trust yourself
YAY. It's so exciting to smooch someone new! woot woot!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

hey hbb -

glad you are having fun meeting new people and doing different things - more than likely the first couple of people you go out with won't be the "perfect guy" for you - but what I have seen others learn in these experiences is that they can trust themselves to back away when the signs are telling them it's time to move on; that not all people have drug/alcohol issues but that doesn't mean they are "perfect" for you; and most of all that life does go on with or without a significant other and it can be a wonderful life.

So excited for you to be living life on life's terms!!

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Heather- sounds like you are having fun- a huge step. Keep it up- you deserve it.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Thank you all so much for such support. It has been a heck of a while but i finally feel that i will survive with or without someone in my life and it's a sigh of relief. Alot of what my friends have i can't say i envy as things get clearer for me. I used to envy it becuase i was that person that just wanted to be married, have a house and family period. Now, i'm thinking that it that happens wonderful, if for some reason it doesn't, then so be it. I can now say i would rather be on my own than the alternative i could have had down the road if things went differently.

:ghug

I would also like to say to the newcomers and those of us that are going through hard times, i hope if nothing else, that this thread has helped even just a little bit... you guys are the best! I'll never forget the first time i found this site, the condition i was in, and it has turned out to be one of the best experiences for me. I've learned ALOT (as stuborn as i can be ).
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)